• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

440 gallon glass tank, steel stand- reclaimed wood wrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Becher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically tank was up running for a year. One day we heard what sounded like a shotgun go off. One of the sidepanes had a huge crack and that was all sheet wrote. Tank is under warranty so manufacturer said they will replace the pane for free, but its like 2,000.00 to ship the tank to texas and back for them to fix it. so i just want to get rid of it. You can try to silicon it yourself if you want, or find someone to do it locally I guess. Manufacturer has no idea what happened. The only reason I do not have the replacement pane is because they cannot find the blueprints for the tank. They want the panel cut out so we can send them the exact meaurements of it. The tank has like 2 inch steel bracing at top and bottom, so its impossible to get an accurate mesaurement without cutting it apart.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent deal. This should move fast. Wish that I was closer.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow, that’s terrible. Will they refund you the tank or replace with a new?
Shipping the tank to them sounds like terrible customer service and warranty

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, we are remodeling house and just want it out. i am done with this hobby for now. tons of equipment to list when i get time as well. you will literally need like 8-10 guys to move it. and you should get suction cups if you can

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work from home. pretty much always here. will be here all weekend as well.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow for a free tank it would be worth while to rent a uhaul and drive it to Texas for the repair. Sure it would take a few days but the rental and gas would be cheaper than paying for shipping.

OP, unless refunded by the manufacturer, I can only imagine how disgusted you must be with the whole situation.

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i am over it. When the tank cracked I lost over 20k worth of corals and fish, easy. Then I bought a new 220 gallon tank from another manufacturer. had it up for less than a year. the whole ordeal has pretty much killed the hobby for me. that tank is broken down and needs to be sold as well as a million peices of equipment. My wife has been yelling at me to get it out of the house for a year and a half. I just want to move on. I spent over 10k on the tank/ stand and wrapping alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back