450nm not contolled wifi extreme

Discussion in 'SB Reef Lights' started by Gopi, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Gopi

Gopi Well-Known Member

I posted on the SB reeflights FB support group and no one had ideas that worked. Emailed last Sunday and no response yet so...

My 32" Wifi extreme arrived on the 7th. I got it programmed and all no problem...except all the 450nm lights are not controllable. They stay full blast unless I turn off power using the switch. They don't dim, they are full blast when all channels are set to 0, they even stay on when using the app to toggle on/off. The only way to get them off is to use the physical switch. I only have 9 time settings programmed.

Is there a way to fix or can I exchange the unit? I love everything except the blues shocking my corals and was hoping it would work well enough to be worth upgrading my other tank as well. I got a fast response when asking about what to buy for my tank but no response once something is wrong. (People are busy, I get it, but I'm starting to feel like I wasted my money.)

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
    Tags:

2. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad

It's an odd problem. I saw the post there.
    If it doesn't respond to a full reboot the driver for that Chanel is bad probably.
    I would try the shop this week.
    It's actually a mom and pop and they just moved to a new whats house.
    They had a thing about moving the phones over recently

3. Velcro

Velcro Well-Known Member

CS for this company is not the best.

4. Jlg0271

Jlg0271 New Member

Mike is a great guy, yes they have been moving for the last few weeks, he stands behind everything he sells, so im sure he will get it fixed for you .

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
  5. Gopi

Gopi Well-Known Member

Talked to Mike today and he walked me through what he thought the fix would be. He offered to replace the light if it didn't work. Spoiler alert: he was right about the issue.

Should others need the fix in the future: since the lights powered on the issue was with the wifi module and not the drivers. When they bundle the cords, sometimes they are cinched too tightly and the connections pop loose during shipping. All I had to do was take the cover off, find the cream and orange box and look for the wires labeled PMW1 (2 or 3). The PMW1 wire wasn't connected. Clicked it back together and everything works as it should!

Reef.Life85 and saltyfilmfolks like this.