45g TankMe USA and Battlecorals SPS Build

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my slowly progressing, and infrequently updated build thread! The tank and stand were built by TankMeUSA, I can't say enough good things about Gaston. I had one other custom tank built a few years ago, this experience was way better.

Plans are to fill up the tank with only Battlecorals sps, but it will be a while before it's ready for that. Fish plans are a pair of clowns for my kids, maybe a wrasse or two, and I'm open to suggestions on the rest.

Thanks for reading!

Tank (36 x 18 x 16) and stand as delivered:
IMG950895.jpg IMG950881.jpg

Skinned by a local carpenter:
IMG952367.jpg

Finished and in it's home:
20180903_125251.jpg
20180903_125304.jpg

The rest of the equipment should be here Friday, thank you BRS for the Labor Day sale! Updates TBD :)

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my slowly progressing, and infrequently updated build thread! The tank and stand were built by TankMeUSA, I can't say enough good things about Gaston. I had one other custom tank built a few years ago, this experience was way better.

Plans are to fill up the tank with only Battlecorals sps, but it will be a while before it's ready for that. Fish plans are a pair of clowns for my kids, maybe a wrasse or two, and I'm open to suggestions on the rest.

Thanks for reading!

IMG952367.jpg

20180903_125251.jpg
20180903_125304.jpg

The rest of the equipment should be here Friday, thank you BRS for the Labor Day sale! Updates TBD :)

My next tank will be from tankmeusa! Tank looks awesome

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for reading!

IMG952367.jpg

20180903_125251.jpg
20180903_125304.jpg

Looks really nice and the stand came out great!

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next tank will be from tankmeusa! Tank looks awesome

You'll be thrilled with it. Good communication, meticulous craftsmanship, it was an all around excellent experience.

Leveled everything and hung the light today. Return pump, heater, powerheads, and salt get delivered tomorrow. My goal is to fill it this weekend.

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be thrilled with it. Good communication, meticulous craftsmanship, it was an all around excellent experience.

Leveled everything and hung the light today. Return pump, heater, powerheads, and salt get delivered tomorrow. My goal is to fill it this weekend.

Super cool!!
Can wait to see it running!

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inching closer! Since the tank will be stocked by with only Battlecorals, I went with the LED they use. So far so good, this Reefbreeder is way quieter than the ATI and Radions I've had before.
20180907_201552.jpg

whatre the top battle coral frags you are looking forward to!?!?!? im huge BC fan! lol

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatre the top battle coral frags you are looking forward to!?!?!? im huge BC fan! lol

I don't have a specific list, but I'm a sucker for hairy millis. I'll probably get a couple Battleboxes of whatever Adam picks when it's time. Unfortunately I think it'll be a long wait starting with dry rock. My preference is to wait and avoid pests, I had issues with LR and pests in the past.

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment list:
*TankMe USA 36"w x 18" x 16"h tank, 3 sides low iron glass, zero overflow, floating bottom, hdpe bare bottom
*TankMe USA powder coated aluminum stand, 34.5"w x 22" x 36"h - stand is deeper than tank to run piping straight into stand
*Solid maple skin and doors, local carpenter and finishing shop
*Reef Synergy TS 26 sump
*Deltec 600i skimmer
*Eheim heater
*Syncra pro 800gph return
*2 Tunze 6095
*Reefbreeders photon v2 32"
*Neptune Apex
*2 DOS
*Tunze ATO
*Kessil h160

The plan was originally to run Triton, but I am leaning towards ATI now.

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No leaks, fresh water test a success! I need to play around with the sump water level, but so far so good.

20180908_130512.jpg
Amazon is great, grounding probe, GFCI, and stainless steel screws on the way before 8PM.

I'll mess around with the electronic mounting tomorrow, the PVC panel in the thread's first pic is to create a wet and dry side inside the stand. Gaston welded a few tabs to the frame to make it removable, I'll probably pop it out tomorrow to get the Apex connected.

20180908_131744.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much was the tank/stand?

https://www.tankmeusa.com/price-list/ the stand is towards the bottom of the page for $800, the tank isn't on there but plenty are listed to give an idea of pricing.

Feel free to ask Gaston the price, I don't mind sharing if he doesn't. I think his business has grown, material costs gave increased, prices/options have changed - I'd hate to set the wrong expectation by giving an outdated price.

It was very reasonable for the work I received :) It is custom so it wasn't cheap at all, but I got multiple quotes and TankMe USA was the most realistic for a build this size.

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.tankmeusa.com/price-list/ the stand is towards the bottom of the page for $800, the tank isn't on there but plenty are listed to give an idea of pricing.

Feel free to ask Gaston the price, I don't mind sharing if he doesn't. I think his business has grown, material costs gave increased, prices/options have changed - I'd hate to set the wrong expectation by giving an outdated price.

It was very reasonable for the work I received :) It is custom so it wasn't cheap at all, but I got multiple quotes and TankMe USA was the most realistic for a build this size.

Love your comments!
Since then a lot has changed, aluminum costs has gone up drastically, and we changed some rules, for instance any tank smaller than 60 gallons will be charged same as, or to a minimum of $700

Back