48" Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture with the Reef Breeders BOT Universal Aquarium Light Tank Mount V2?

Pacific North Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, Has anyone used the 48" Aquatic Life T5-Hybrid fixture with the Reef Breeders BOT Universal Aquarium Light Tank Mount V2? Will it support the fixture? Recommendations? (To start, I plan to use 2 Nicrew 50w lights to start along with the 4 Florescent bulbs. Thanks for the feedback!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some assistance

OP
OP
Pacific North Reef

Pacific North Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Appreciate the help! Just curios if anyone has used this combo and if this BOT mount will hold the T5 hybrid fixture!

1678993696288.png

pweezy42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump because I’m interested as well. Looking to see if I could find a hybrid t5 light that would mount on the tank that I could stick two Noopsyche k7’s in

pweezy42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Appreciate the help! Just curios if anyone has used this combo and if this BOT mount will hold the T5 hybrid fixture!

1678993696288.png
Bump because I’m interested as well. Looking to see if I could find a hybrid t5 light that would mount on the tank that I could stick two Noopsyche k7’s in

OP
OP
Pacific North Reef

Pacific North Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it seems like a cleaner look than hanging from the ceiling or off the wall! May just have to take a shot and if anything end up buying 2, although at the price they want, might look and see about adding some kind of support extending down to mount to the stand as well to help keep some of that weight off the tank.

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing similar research myself for the 61” version with kessil lights and using the kessil A mounts. From my research the consensus was not to hang any t5 by aquarium rim. I was on a thread where someone actually hung the 61 aquatic life with two kessil a mounts and seemed like besides the amount of pressure sitting on the rim most peeps were worried about the arms holding the t5 fixture by the small screw into each kessil.

OP
OP
Pacific North Reef

Pacific North Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing similar research myself for the 61” version with kessil lights and using the kessil A mounts. From my research the consensus was not to hang any t5 by aquarium rim. I was on a thread where someone actually hung the 61 aquatic life with two kessil a mounts and seemed like besides the amount of pressure sitting on the rim most peeps were worried about the arms holding the t5 fixture by the small screw into each kessil.
Thanks for the info! I was afraid I'd run into something like that. Might just get one and see if I can come up with a way to mount it directly to the stand and eliminate the tank.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back