OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo.... Is there a name tag/name change coming there @4FordFamily ????

Image: Ford Motor Company Presser(s)
upload_2019-1-15_10-34-41.png

I raised this to my better half last nigh at dinner. Hey babe, since we are down a pony in the stable maybe we should consider buying a 2020 model....

She just turned and gave me that look. Nice try. :(

It may be a good time though to pick up a GT350 since everyone will be rushing for these and paying crazy ADM fees. Maybe that will be my next play.

Oh I noticed. This thing is a BEAST! I love it. However, if I DID buy it, I would be 4FordFamily. I sold my 4th a couple years ago and am keeping my eye out for #4. It will happen. I'd like to eventually be 5FordFamily, or 115FordFamily. If you get one, I will be so jealous! :D

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, fish due to make it to this tank in observation are undergoing another treatment. We learned a hard lesson, CP is removed by the polyfiber pads used for HOB filters. Velvet hammered the observation tank hard and we've lost 6 fish so far. Very sad, and expensive lesson.

We are revising the process we will be releasing soon. All of the fish that underwent copper are fine, but unfortunately they were cross-contaminated with those we ran through CP. Thus, we are another couple weeks from adding them to the display.

I guess at least we are learning the hard (expensive) lessons up-front! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I love your tank! Awesome job!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love your tank! Awesome job!
Thanks Rev! Oh wait its Jasons tank. I forgot. It feels like mine somehow, I don't know why ;) ;Troll

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, fish due to make it to this tank in observation are undergoing another treatment. We learned a hard lesson, CP is removed by the polyfiber pads used for HOB filters. Velvet hammered the observation tank hard and we've lost 6 fish so far. Very sad, and expensive lesson.

We are revising the process we will be releasing soon. All of the fish that underwent copper are fine, but unfortunately they were cross-contaminated with those we ran through CP. Thus, we are another couple weeks from adding them to the display.

:(

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway we can get a feeding video? Can't even imagine how much food you go through feeding this tank and it's not even completely stocked yet.
Once I have some more livestock, I will take a good feeding video for you all. I am sure I will post many videos. Next batch of fish will be ordered in a few weeks since the CP mishap was devastating.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to see this happen.

Did u test and see an actual drop in CP concentration, before and after?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we (primarily @Crabs Mcjones) did some cord management. My tank has so much cyano I turned up the gyres, and grabbed some macroalgae rocks (primarily Caulerpa brachypus) from @HotRocks house we’ve been growing out for the sump and installed an AI Prime HD with purple light over it to grow the stuff to combat the cyano.

We mounted the abyzz pump controllers, heater controller, power strips, ATO controller, Gyre controller, and such on a board or cleanly on the back of the tank. @Crabs Mcjones made a 6 hour drive down to help me, real standup guy and nowhere near as weird in person as I had imagined.

He also discovered that we had missed a small pipe in the sump for drainage, and made my skimmer and sump MUCH quieter. Hats off to the guy!

Hoping this caulpera brachypus does its job, stuff grows like a weed.

So thankful for @HotRocks and @Crabs Mcjones!

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we (primarily @Crabs Mcjones) did some cord management. My tank has so much cyano I turned up the gyres, and grabbed some macroalgae rocks (primarily Caulerpa brachypus) from @HotRocks house we’ve been growing out for the sump and installed an AI Prime HD with purple light over it to grow the stuff to combat the cyano.

We mounted the abyzz pump controllers, heater controller, power strips, ATO controller, Gyre controller, and such on a board or cleanly on the back of the tank. @Crabs Mcjones made a 6 hour drive down to help me, real standup guy and nowhere near as weird in person as I had imagined.

He also discovered that we had missed a small pipe in the sump for drainage, and made my skimmer and sump MUCH quieter. Hats off to the guy!

You bet man! I had a lot of fun! I hope I can come down again and point out more mistakes for you ;) And, as you're finding out now, make some of my own :D:D:D

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So cool hearing about the community going above and beyond. #r2rforlife

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ford4life what up? Don’t leave me hanging! :)

Nothing new, inhabitants are thriving, battling cyano at the moment it’s pretty ugly! :D

I am just awaiting the fish I want before my big order. A blueline angel is particularly difficult to find right now it seems! :/

Such a cool build!! Sorry for the losses along the way. That's terrible!

It’s awful, but it’s over. We will come back and others have learned from it. That’s all I can ask as we prepare for round two! :)

Last edited:
Back