OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well basically framing stuff in, replacing studs, preparing for drywall next. Sump slid in underneath before we were finished because it isn’t going to be coming out!

89BBF394-F812-48E3-A70D-FE60F0AD9F64.jpeg
6B32EC4C-5404-4F8B-A485-5C8FEEBED9F4.jpeg
F3CE0A86-5960-45AF-94D3-5862805D7E18.jpeg

@HotRocks for the win!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today for the wall tank I drank apple cider and sat in my butt. My project manager and I went to a pumpkin patch with our kids!

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today for the wall tank I drank apple cider and sat in my butt. My project manager and I went to a pumpkin patch with our kids!
I miss doing that with my son. Just carved a pumpkin last night for the first time in over 10 years where he didn't carve his at the same time. Gotta enjoy those moments while you can!

For a more reef related question. Is it wet yet? :confused:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss doing that with my son. Just carved a pumpkin last night for the first time in over 10 years where he didn't carve his at the same time. Gotta enjoy those moments while you can!

You have to he be proud of your son though. Honorable young man!

He wishes it was... Lol. Still got a ways to go before we are mixing water!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I really try to cherish my time with my babies because the time is already flying and I keep being told to do so. I’m very close to my kids, spend more time with them than their mother based on her work schedule — I complain but I’m very blessed.

Nope, we have some work to do. Plumbing and drywall to name a few! :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to he be proud of your son though.
Beyond belief. But it is much harder than I thought it would be knowing what he is going through. We can't even ask how he is doing until January. :confused:

I complain but I’m very blessed.
If we didn't complain, we would fall out of practice! ;) Lot's of us who are very blessed on R2R!

Still got a ways to go before we are mixing water!
Ok.. so tomorrow, right?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beyond belief. But it is much harder than I thought it would be knowing what he is going through. We can't even ask how he is doing until January. :confused:

If we didn't complain, we would fall out of practice! ;) Lot's of us who are very blessed on R2R!

I can't even imagine.
Yes there are many of us so lucky here!

Ok.. so tomorrow, right?

:) :) :eek:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily, quick question since you’re the tang king. I’m stocking my 300, done my research on agression, compatibility, and best methods of introduction.

Ever since I started using triton, I have had a ton of algae growth in the display- nice hairy algae while nutrients remain zero. I guess my refugium is too small.

I was going to switch dosing regimens, but realized the irony of working to keep algae at bay, then feeding sheets of algae to the tank.

What do you think about the concept of continuing triton with the goal of producing more algae in the display for the tangs to munch on? Nutrients will stay low either way.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily, quick question since you’re the tang king. I’m stocking my 300, done my research on agression, compatibility, and best methods of introduction.

Ever since I started using triton, I have had a ton of algae growth in the display- nice hairy algae while nutrients remain zero. I guess my refugium is too small.

I was going to switch dosing regimens, but realized the irony of working to keep algae at bay, then feeding sheets of algae to the tank.

What do you think about the concept of continuing triton with the goal of producing more algae in the display for the tangs to munch on? Nutrients will stay low either way.

I feed mine Nori, I don't try to grow it in the DT -- primarily because many types of "pest" algae few tangs consume. The algae on the glass, hair algae, bubble etc -- not popular with tangs. There are many others but I don't profess to be an algae expert. I'd prefer to keep it out.

I actually dose vibrant aquarium additive and clean my glass once per week (I used to do this every other day or sometimes every 3) -- my nutrients are almost surely high (I don't even pay attention because I don't keep expensive or hard-to-keep corals). I would focus on the nori, personally.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine Nori, I don't try to grow it in the DT -- primarily because many types of "pest" algae few tangs consume. The algae on the glass, hair algae, bubble etc -- not popular with tangs. There are many others but I don't profess to be an algae expert. I'd prefer to keep it out.

I actually dose vibrant aquarium additive and clean my glass once per week (I used to do this every other day or sometimes every 3) -- my nutrients are almost surely high (I don't even pay attention because I don't keep expensive or hard-to-keep corals). I would focus on the nori, personally.

Thanks for the tips- yeah, it was kind of a random idea. I added my first tangs just now- from LA divers den- mostly 3-4 inches. Blue, sailfin, liutenant, powder blue. I know the powders can be somewhat aggressive, but the next addition (in a while) would be a yellow so I wanted them to get comfortable. It’s a nice sized tank with a good amount of rock. Did a nice drip acclimation till it tripled the volume over an hour, then added them to the display with the lights off, slightly less flow than typical, and a cube of mysis for good measure.

I’m a coral guy, my smaller tank has clowns and a wrasse. Let the fish gods smile down upon me... been up ~5 months now and it

Thanks again. I’ll also put up sheets of nori

Last edited:

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips- yeah, it was kind of a random idea. I added my first tangs just now- from LA divers den- mostly 3-4 inches. Blue, sailfin, liutenant, powder blue. I know the powders can be somewhat aggressive, but the next addition (in a while) would be a yellow so I wanted them to get comfortable. Did a nice drip acclimation till it tripled the volume over an hour, then added them to the display with the lights off, slightly less flow than typical, and a cube of mysis for good measure.

I’m a coral guy, my smaller tank has clowns and a wrasse. Let the fish gods smile down upon me...

Thanks again. I’ll also put up sheets of nori

Added fish from LA directly to DT :eek: :eek:
I hope all goes well. :)

Also for future reference. I just float bags for temp acclimation. Match Salinity and release to reduce ammonia exposure.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Robo snail for cleaning. Ford family always amazing and now this endeavour!

ROCK-ON-Logo_Final_completed_thumb-1024x236.png

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robo snail for cleaning. Ford family always amazing and now this endeavour!

ROCK-ON-Logo_Final_completed_thumb-1024x236.png

Thanks friend! Robosnail acrylic needs to be released! :)

Nice build

U mentioned Vibrant
What was your dosing schedule on the 180 to get ur glass less dirty?

I followed the bottles instructions, the dirty water instructions. I dose about 18ML weekly in to my 180. A phenomenal product.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some work done today! @HotRocks, my half brother, and our friend Josh did some work!

Drywall, shiplap, mud, some trim, etc.

18BF5F2D-0919-4A6F-8604-F662A160E09C.jpeg
03DA6746-D956-4853-9B6F-27BF0E21337F.jpeg
FDAB6E1D-4DC6-40EE-8473-CE10AAE0653F.jpeg
77D5AD51-78F9-4AC7-A5AC-220A4C5EE98E.jpeg

Set pretty flush!

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back