4FordFamily's ~500G 10 Foot In-Wall Tank - Featuring @HotRocks

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll just say that I have an auto feeder that feeds pellets 4x a day and my housekeeper adds a cube of mysis to my 200g tank. My anthias are all fat and healthy looking as far as I can tell. Mixing Evansi with Lyretail create a visually stunning movement and in my experience these have quite easy to keep, as they are hardy and eat like pigs.

I do get the goldfish comment though mine are more orange than yellow and males are always stunning.
How many do you have of each in your 200 gallon tank?

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw a Blueface, Emporer and Queen (maybe blueline) . Is that all the angels? Plans for more? I have an Emporer and Queen in QT now! Hard to beat large angels!!! Awesome job!!
How big is your tank. I’m getting ready to set up my 205 gallon display tank and I almost already feel that it’s too small lol

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my interruptus are doing great however, the male killed my female goldflake I had paired with my GF/Flagfin hybrid :( . Was going to replace it with a juvenile flagfin but it did not make it out of qt. Lasted only about 10 days. So I'm on the lookout for another juvenile Flagfin.
Are you able to keep your tank at regular temperature or did you have to lower the temperature for the Interuptus ?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, please keep an out for a juvenile flagfin. Here are some pictures. They are not very good though. And a little video. First is the male, both together. Third female.

961B9E80-44FA-493E-AD99-1E9C7270A33D.jpeg 05ED8F65-2F63-44E0-BBEE-6ECB242E219E.jpeg F7AD7468-C9AC-433B-85DB-6E097667C132.jpeg
Beautiful!! Thanks very much for sharing I love them!
Is the Passer getting along with everyone? Gorgeous fish man! Love the Banana wrasse! Trying to connect with @HotRocks and make it over there. I would love to see it in person. It has provided much inspiration for my current build. I travel for work so we are trying to get schedules to match up! Hopefully soon!
Welcome over any time, the Passer is a jerk but I have a giant queen angel (1.5 inches bigger and he is 7.25-7.5) with an eye infection that will go in in 9 days, hopefully. The emperor was the old boss, he’s 5.5 or so, the Passer took over fast!
My insane envy and jealousy has not abated! (Lol) How would you say the current size of your Clown Trigger compares to his eventual size?
They get very large but they do so very slowly. I think he’s 5 inches or so, maybe a hair under. He could more than double his current size!
Looking great! My wife is a friend of yours on Facebook and wanted to show me your tank.....she was shocked that I recognized it within seconds!
Haha nice, now you have me curious who she is? PM me! Thanks for the compliment :)

Do you have a list of all the fish in your tank and the ones that you want to add? What an amazing looking tank

Thank you, and no I don’t I need to update it when I get a moment. I’m still considering next additions though an Aussie harlequin tusk, blueline angel, orange peel angel, and Cuban hogfish are on the list. May risk a Spanish hog at the same time, which is the only way that would work.

That passer angel is so beautiful! Some amazing fish in that tank- the purple tang looks so large and healthy
Thank you, I’ve always found Passer to be underrated but they can be nasty.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just look how this tank turned out !!!!!!
I remember the acquisition ! Looks like Dussomieri is squabbling with a tankmate.

congrats5.gif

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread, looking great!
Thanks!

Just look how this tank turned out !!!!!!
I remember the acquisition ! Looks like Dussomieri is squabbling with a tankmate.

congrats5.gif

It came with some frayed fins, but the passer wasn’t happy sharing the quarantine. In the tank the tang does not take any crap! He was thin and weak initially now he’s getting fat!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, is that normal?
I've always seen them front and centre, however I've never seen one as big as yours so maybe it's an age/adult thing.
1B6A7CE3-5F85-4205-B1C3-C48C99F245A5.jpeg

He came out shortly afterward to eat. Horrible photo

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!! Thanks very much for sharing I love them!

Welcome over any time, the Passer is a jerk but I have a giant queen angel (1.5 inches bigger and he is 7.25-7.5) with an eye infection that will go in in 9 days, hopefully. The emperor was the old boss, he’s 5.5 or so, the Passer took over fast!
They get very large but they do so very slowly. I think he’s 5 inches or so, maybe a hair under. He could more than double his current size!

Haha nice, now you have me curious who she is? PM me! Thanks for the compliment :)

Thank you, and no I don’t I need to update it when I get a moment. I’m still considering next additions though an Aussie harlequin tusk, blueline angel, orange peel angel, and Cuban hogfish are on the list. May risk a Spanish hog at the same time, which is the only way that would work.

Thank you, I’ve always found Passer to be underrated but they can be nasty.
Is a Conspicuous angel and an Achilles tang on your list?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a Conspicuous angel and an Achilles tang on your list?
The Achilles was, but I have one in my 180 upstairs. Conspic are cool but out of my price range. I also worry added angels won’t be treated well going forward haha

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Achilles was, but I have one in my 180 upstairs. Conspic are cool but out of my price range. I also worry added angels won’t be treated well going forward haha
The Achilles is a beautiful fish. I’m hoping to get a Conspic from Poma Labs. Hopefully when the time is right, they’ll be having a nice sale like they did for Black Friday

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to keep your tank at regular temperature or did you have to lower the temperature for the Interuptus ?

I keep the tank at 77.7 to 78.1 and it is in my basement which is kept at 69 degrees in winter and 70 in the summer. I have had the male for 2 years now and the female for 1 year.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep the tank at 77.7 to 78.1 and it is in my basement which is kept at 69 degrees in winter and 70 in the summer. I have had the male for 2 years now and the female for 1 year.
Oh ok. No issues of stress from them at a higher temperature? I was going to remove it from my wish list when the tank is ready however hearing about your success has put it back on my list? Do you a flame angel? If so, is there any issues between the flame and interuptus? I want to get a solar flame and I was hoping that the solar flame and Interuptus would get along good together.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. No issues of stress from them at a higher temperature? I was going to remove it from my wish list when the tank is ready however hearing about your success has put it back on my list? Do you a flame angel? If so, is there any issues between the flame and interuptus? I want to get a solar flame and I was hoping that the solar flame and Interuptus would get along good together.

I do not have a flame. The interruptus is a big bully! I contribute his bullying to the death of my gold flake and a pakistan. Therefore I don't know how it would react to a flame angel. I would definitely add the interruptus last if you go for it.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a flame. The interruptus is a big bully! I contribute his bullying to the death of my gold flake and a pakistan. Therefore I don't know how it would react to a flame angel. I would definitely add the interruptus last if you go for it.
That’s crazy, I heard they could be nasty but wow!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back