50% All Euphyllia and free shipping on orders over $99

Discussion in 'Sheltered Reef Aquaculture' started by Sheltered Reef AC, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Sheltered Reef AC

Sheltered Reef AC Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Another round of Euphyllia (hammers, torches, and frogspawn) added today!

2. Sheltered Reef AC

Devaji likes this.
  3. am2055

am2055 New Member

So the other night I got my usual R2R email & spotted "Euphyllia Coral 50% off" & that got my attention. As I was reading I noticed that the owner of The Sheltered Reef was posting from Poughkeepsie, N.Y. & thought, could it be? Could there be a coral aquaculture facility within minutes of my home? Yup. So for the first time ever I was able to purchase a gorgeous gold hammer coral online & choose "free in-store pick up."
    Friday afternoon I spoke with the owner & made arrangements to come by Saturday morning to pick up my coral. I had planned on running in quickly & picking it up but an hour or so later & lots of "tank talk" I was still there. I have to say, I love what they're doing. I love to be able to buy a frag & know that if things don't work out I haven't killed an entire colony. The facility is well set up & nice & clean & the corals are amazing. The owners are more than friendly & I was allowed to browse freely. Needless to say I bought a few more corals. Everything is in my tank & looking great!
    They also have sps corals that should be ready to go soon & I'll definitely be stopping by for some of those too. Basically they're going to get tired of seeing me all the time! Great vendor!!

4. Sheltered Reef AC

It was great meeting you too! Thank you for the kind feedback... nothing energizes us more than happy customers, so we'll never get tired of you. :)

5. samnaz

samnaz Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Will you be adding anymore Torch's in the next few days? Perhaps another of the teal variety like the one above? It sold already but I want one! I'm also looking for a gold one, preferably a Torch or Frogspawn. Just thought I'd check and make sure before I place an order.

6. Sheltered Reef AC

We will... The Teal Torch is very limited, I think I may have one more we can take from the mother. We are really flexible, so if for example you see something now you really like, but you think you will want to get more later, you can process a cart and pay for your item(s), just make a note to "Hold the order until the end of the sale" in the comments, and pick "Free in store pickup" as the shipping option to avoid getting charged over and over for shipping. Then at the end of the sale, we'll just combine everything together and ship it out to you... easy peasy. :)
    As long as your total of all items is over the $99 then it all works out and it's not too much extra trouble for us, happy to do it.

Anyone still watching this thread that have previously placed orders that haven't hipped yet can do the same thing, just send me an email... Monday shipments won't start getting processed until after 10:00AM Eastern time.

In addition to the Teal Torch, we are getting more of the other pieces that we sold out of back onto the site... more Orange Octospawn, more Gold Hammer, and we might release one or two new pieces. You think anyone would be interested in something like this... ;)
    L4C101-SRLibertyTorch-20170714-720x576.jpg

Devaji, LetItReef and samnaz like this.
  7. samnaz

I hope not cause I want it! ;Shy

Sheltered Reef AC likes this.
  8. samnaz

Perhaps it is against the rules to ask whennn exactly you'll be posting more pieces up for sale on the site so I can get first dibs?

9. Sheltered Reef AC

I can't say when exactly, but we plan some time Monday, again on Tuesday, and on Wednesday probably. But I have been posting to this thread right when add them to the site, so as long as you're watching the thread and you get alerts, you'll know as soon as it happens.

10. samnaz

Great! Thanks.

11. Sheltered Reef AC

Just updated the site with a bunch more Euphyllia.. Gold Hammers, Teal Torch, Rainbow Torch...

samnaz likes this.
  12. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Awesome you're strong our emails!! :)

13. Sheltered Reef AC

Massive update to the site in progress... already added reverse hammer, Frammer (rare hammer x frogspawn hybrid), teal frogspawn and more coming over the next 30 minutes!

14. Sheltered Reef AC

Update compete, added more orange octo, some orange hammer and some beautiful gold torch

15. samnaz

Gorgeous corals, wow! Just placed another order. Can't wait to see em. Thanks guys!

16. g8rorchid

g8rorchid Well-Known Member

What type of lighting are the corals under? What color are they under? (all blue/actinic, 16k, etc.)

Thanks!

17. Sheltered Reef AC

We had been taking our photos under 10K, but from the feedback we got in the discussion for one of our articles we started taking the photos under 14K. We are then just adjusting the white balance to get the blue out, but it's leaving all the nice fluorescence from the higher color temp of the lighting. Everything is shot under Kessils.

18. Sheltered Reef AC

19. g8rorchid

g8rorchid Well-Known Member

Ok, great thanks for your reply. Are these gold torches the ones that look orange with blue tips? (under the right lighting or is that another strain?)

Thanks again!

20. Sheltered Reef AC

I don't think ours are what you are talking about but close. I took a look at them as we were leaving the shop late tonight (with the lighting really blue) and the tips still looked pretty green, but the tentacles were still gold, but with more of an orange-gold hue. They're very nice and pretty unique.

Draft saved Draft deleted