• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

500-600GPH Pump and Consumables

Chemaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am helping my wife's school setup a reef tank for science students to run and to use as a teaching tool for chemistry, biology, ecology, and other sciences. Their budget is almost nothing so I am hoping to scrounge up some used stuff.

I have a Red Sea E250 they are going to use which is an AIO tank. I am trying to get it up and running and so far I know I need a second circulation pump. It should be around 500-600GPH. The Red Sea part number is 50420 so anything that will be about the same physical size and flow rating should be fine. I think I have lights covered assuming the hood lights work and I have plenty of rocks and stuff for them.

The other thing they need is consumables like salt mix, foods, test kits/supplies.

If you have any of this kind of stuff just sitting around even if it is expired let me know how much you want for it and I will see if I can find the money for it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back