500 Gallon Tank Build

Jrco226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone, recently my business partner and I opened a shop in Georgetown, Ky and we're finally getting the chance to put in our broodstock tank. This wont be the fastest build because I spend most of time at the shop and due to the space limitations there this tank will be in another location. The tank is 108"L x 36"H x 36"W and the best way I can describe it is a dual peninsula style. The two overflows are on each end with 2 -2" drains and 2 - 1" returns. I believe this tank was originally designed to be used with a surge system to handle a ton of flow.
IMG_0344.JPG

We decided to make the tank a room divider that will be surrounded with a custom skirt built out of salvaged barn wood. It just so happens that the tank was the perfect dimensions to fit between the columns of a catwalk that runs across the second story. Additionally, the tank will have a bar across the front end for guest to sit and enjoy the view up-close with a drink in hand if they so choose. Here are a few pictures to give you a better idea of what I'm rambling on about.
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG

The tank will be plumbed to the basement where we will be using a 180 gallon sump, as well as, a 200 gallon trough for our coral propagation needs. Hopefully, we'll be able get the ball rolling on the plumbing this week. Once we get in all the equipment in I will share our equipment list. We'll update this build as often as possible. Thanks for spending the time reading our post!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back