500 internal server error

FelipeCarv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have reef-pi 4.2 running and a raspberry pi 3. Im having this error when I try to log into my pi and I cant connect from SSH or web. The reef-pi software stops working.
I know this is a generic error so I can provide more information as needed. After disconnecting and reconnecting the DC cable it comes back but this problem is happening like every 2 days or so.
Ive already reinstalled and reformated rasbian and Reef-pi and the error is still happening...I installed rasbian lite to have less CPU and memory usage. But reef-pi is still freezing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Mightythias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started having this same error as of yesterday.
Been running my reef-pi for months just fine until I tried to open the software from my browser yesterday and got the 500 internal server error. After that I cannot access it or even SSH to it.
A reboot fixes the issue but that only lasts an hour or two until it happens again.
Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if any specific task is trigger it ? Do you have the logs ? 500 error means something is not correct on the controller side

Mightythias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if any specific task is trigger it ? Do you have the logs ? 500 error means something is not correct on the controller side
There was nothing specific that seemed to trigger it. It would happen at random times after about an hour or two of up time.
I will note that I was running 4.1 and I tried to update to 4.3 to see if that helped and it totally hosed the whole thing and then when I tried to wipe the SD card and reinstall it kept saying that the card was unreadable.

It was becoming such a hassle that I reinstalled everything to a new SD card and everything is working fine right now.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was nothing specific that seemed to trigger it. It would happen at random times after about an hour or two of up time.
I will note that I was running 4.1 and I tried to update to 4.3 to see if that helped and it totally hosed the whole thing and then when I tried to wipe the SD card and reinstall it kept saying that the card was unreadable.

It was becoming such a hassle that I reinstalled everything to a new SD card and everything is working fine right now.
Is it only me running SSD on usb? I am not expecting much issues with the external HDD. Spend is debatable but for this application it doesn’t matter.
also all file input is in the memory so that is not actually using the drive or SD card on your case.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it only me running SSD on usb? I am not expecting much issues with the external HDD. Spend is debatable but for this application it doesn’t matter.
also all file input is in the memory so that is not actually using the drive or SD card on your case.
I know a few people who have run into problems with SD cards, I've been thinking of suggesting SSD. Do you know if a USB drive be considered solid state or same as SD?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people who have run into problems with SD cards, I've been thinking of suggesting SSD. Do you know if a USB drive be considered solid state or same as SD?
If you mean usb pen drive that is not SSD and I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone S most of them are vey poor quality but good for testing

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back