50g tank

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Its been a while since i posted anything. After I lost my seahorses, I was bummed. We anyway, I got a great deal on a 50g tank for 100$ and it came with a yellow tang, 2 clownfish,and 2 zebras. My lil 15g already has 2 clownfish, a baby blue tang and a black neon fish. (Forgot what its called. Anyway... the tank I just got has the filtration in the back of the tank. She never cleaned her tank. I'm telling you, algoe was was/ is so stuck on there and smells terrible. Where do I start? I cleaned the inside of the tank but left the bio alone.im just going to change the blue/white filter. Besides the water changes,anything else i should do? I know its bad,all my fish is in the 15g temporarily. This is the 15g pic

20201122_183822.jpg 20201122_165706.jpg

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hurry up on cleaning with vinegar then before you add the fish, put in a bottled bacteria.

the clownfish are gonna fight if they are all together

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Kept the water from the new tank. Parameters are all great. I was thinking of reusing that. Im surprised that the clowns are not fighting.

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 50g will be up and running tomorrow. Had to clean it,polish out scratches. Got dark today so wasn't able to finish. But nobody actually reading my quest. I know the 15g is small its temporary for a 1 1/2 days.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 is still too small. For your original question, it really depends on what kind of filtration it had. I would suggest just swapping everything out and starting from scratch. The new tank still needs to cycle regardless and even if you add some form of quick start that amount of fish is too much to move over in one go.

2 pairs of clowns wont work and neither will 2 tangs especially the hippo.

OP
OP
Lkemja

Lkemja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 is still too small. For your original question, it really depends on what kind of filtration it had. I would suggest just swapping everything out and starting from scratch. The new tank still needs to cycle regardless and even if you add some form of quick start that amount of fish is too much to move over in one go.

2 pairs of clowns wont work and neither will 2 tangs especially the hippo.
I originally had 1 small blue tang,2 clowns and the black neon. The clowns and the neon velvet. The new tank had the others. That was unexpected. When the clown gets too big,ill either give to my son that has a 140g or trade him in

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%

Back