55 gallon low boy lagoon build

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Its ya boi Evan Bardiel, i recently decided its time to put together a larger tank and really liked the idea of low boy lagoon. My lfs has a sale on 55 gallon lowboys so its time to swoop in and grab one.
What i need from you guys. This is the largest and most different tank iv considered doing. Im looking for

equipment recommendations
Stocklist recommendations
And of course and info you guys can give me on this sort of build. Ill be used rock i have cured for this build and some water out of my tanks and some filter medias.

OP
OP
Evanbardiel

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never get replies lol on anything. But itsk ok my tank looks dope and no one here really helped me when i needed it lol

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little info on the tank.

Return pump- 3100gph amazon pump
Light- 2 Radion G3 XR30pro
Skimmer- Under the sea skimmer (local shop makes their own skimmers
Chemical filtration- chemipure blue
Mechanical filtration in tank- dry rock in the display, 35lbs of sand
Mechanical filtration in sump- 7 bio bricks more dry rock and two pieces of live rock from separate systems.
Heater- 100w and a 300w
Refugium light is also down there
Powerhead is a maxspect gyre 130
XP Aqua Duetto Duel sensor Auto top off
Seneye reef monitor for temp, and par when needed.

After trying to run some acropora in my small evo i've realized that they are too much work. As the motorcycle and sailing weather is very quickly approchaes ive decided to keep the sps i have but keep the tank to lps and softies. I added some tester corals last night and will update more tonight when i get home from work.

My current Evo has ich, i've lost some fish from there. probably due to my fault and i over stocked the tank. I also had never set up a QT system but do plan on it. I still have a Zebra Dartfish and a Highfin goby. Once all the coral is moved over into the new system i plan to remove all the cuc and then the evo will turn into my new qt tank. I will run the 55gal fallow for 3 months and possibly pick up a uv sterilizer also. Id like to get a small tang, a wrasse, and a red ruby dragonette. I cant buy too many fish because in a few months my girlfriend will be breaking down her tank and I will be adopting her two clowns and diamond goby.​

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back