SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200517_125931.jpg

Ur a week late :)

Headed to a friends to drop off the last colony. 25ish heads. Perfect globe.
20201107_194537.jpg

The rest are sold. The 125 is getting a bleach run starting tonight or this weekend. Then ill tear it down, refurb and toss it up for sale. Then i get to start my cube. Exciting.
I can’t wait to see the new cube you build!

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank! I'm debating on a few rock flowers for mine... may have to take the plunge.
Thanks @Fishy65 ! I’ll update the thread later today. I’m gonna move some of the coral from the quarantine to the cube.
I’m getting ready for a big order of coral from Pacific East and 3 torches from the same guy you just got yours from. I spent too much on Black Friday:p

The RFA tank is @Ron Reefman ’s and it is an absolute stunner. I’m gonna get some RFA’s once I get the coral In my tank doing well and figure out my final rock structure. Right now all the live rock I added to the dead is just piled up, so I need to do something more permanent (and stable).

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Fishy65 ! I’ll update the thread later today. I’m gonna move some of the coral from the quarantine to the cube.
I’m getting ready for a big order of coral from Pacific East and 3 torches from the same guy you just got yours from. I spent too much on Black Friday:p

The RFA tank is @Ron Reefman ’s and it is an absolute stunner. I’m gonna get some RFA’s once I get the coral In my tank doing well and figure out my final rock structure. Right now all the live rock I added to the dead is just piled up, so I need to do something more permanent (and stable).
I've been happy with my torches from him so far. The crown jewel is the elegance I got from him. Im assuming we are talking about m2004a2005s.

20201116_142933.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In fact, I'm in the process of re-building the rockscape in my 90g DT (36"x30"x20") so I can move 30+ RFA from a 1 year old RFA breeding tank (16g) to the front left corner of the 90g DT. I really missed the colors of the all the RFA being in the DT. I even found 2 small RFA buried in the black sand of the breeding tank. They had attached to the bottom glass. But I keep all my RFA in pvc end caps.

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im assuming we are talking about m2004a2005s.
Yes. They are beautiful torches. I don’t run a blue tank so I got this pack. He said these will look good under a whiter light. I do get pretty blue in the evening so I’ll get a little bit of this at night too.
CDC34580-B124-4EA3-899C-90CC3F31DAA2.jpeg

I keep all my RFA in pvc end caps.
I searched for some RFAs at the LFS stores yesterday. I was gonna pick a few up and get them started in end caps like you do. It’s a fantastic way to rearrange when I change my rock. But I didn’t see any really nice colorful ones.

I’m just not sure about ordering them online... I really want to pick some interesting colors like the ones you have. Have you ordered any online?

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria usually has some in the wysiwyg divers den... ive considered them. I'd be interested in other online sources too.
It’s small business Saturday today. So maybe I need to go out and search some of the other LFS’s that I didn’t hit yesterday;)

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s small business Saturday today. So maybe I need to go out and search some of the other LFS’s that I didn’t hit yesterday;)
I totally agree with this!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are beautiful torches. I don’t run a blue tank so I got this pack. He said these will look good under a whiter light. I do get pretty blue in the evening so I’ll get a little bit of this at night too.
CDC34580-B124-4EA3-899C-90CC3F31DAA2.jpeg

I searched for some RFAs at the LFS stores yesterday. I was gonna pick a few up and get them started in end caps like you do. It’s a fantastic way to rearrange when I change my rock. But I didn’t see any really nice colorful ones.

I’m just not sure about ordering them online... I really want to pick some interesting colors like the ones you have. Have you ordered any online?
Yup. I wrote to Holly at Cultivated Reef (a sponsor here... and you can tell her I told you about what she did) before they did WYSIWYG RFAs. She was willing to send my individual photos and let me pick them.

I think any outfits that are willing to do WYSIWYG with RFA are being pretty good sellers. The one trick is knowing the lighting they use for the photos. I like to see both white light and blue light as they can look dramatically different. Any RFA that looks like it has blue in it, is most likely white (especially in the tentacles). And sometimes a color will fluoresce under blue light and sometimes what looks like the same color won't fluoresce.

I have enough now that I mostly but ones I can pick out in person at shows and swaps.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook Savage Reefers. He has a website as well with auctions. RJ Spires is his name, just tell him Rich Smith sent you. He is based out of South Carolina and does Ultra RFA 8 packs for 200 shipped. Yes. Shipped ultras. 25/pc

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook Savage Reefers. He has a website as well with auctions. RJ Spires is his name, just tell him Rich Smith sent you. He is based out of South Carolina and does Ultra RFA 8 packs for 200 shipped. Yes. Shipped ultras. 25/pc
Thanks @RichtheReefer21 . I’m gonna be $200 poorer very very soon. :cool:

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some of the corals from the quarantine to the cube today. Making room for the new corals coming in this coming week or next.

I gave the space invader pectina a place of honor (and distance from other corals due to the killer sweepers).

Aiptasia are all gone. Berghia did their job. Filefish was eating my duncan so it had to be traded into LFS.
Looking FINTASTIC!

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking FINTASTIC!
Thanks @Fishy65
Eventually I will figure out the pile of live rock, but not today. I’m letting it seed my dead rock for now.

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on a T5 hybrid setup. Right now I have 2 hydras and I have a lot of shadows.

Black Friday/cyber Monday is gonna get me in trouble!!!

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Fishy65
Eventually I will figure out the pile of live rock, but not today. I’m letting it seed my dead rock for now.

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on a T5 hybrid setup. Right now I have 2 hydras and I have a lot of shadows.

Black Friday/cyber Monday is gonna get me in trouble!!!
I'm looking for a hybrid to... hoping someone upgrades during black friday or cyber Monday and sells one cheap:)

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its filling in nicely.

New corals inbound for the qt I heard?
;Peeking
Thank you @RichtheReefer21 !

I did some major damage for BF.
A bunch of coral is gonna be arriving later this week or next.

The 8 pack RFAs are out so I sent RJ an email to get ahold of me when he gets stock back in. Pacific East has a deal that I can add to my current order 3 ultras for $90. I could add to my current order and not pay shipping. But I kinda want to choose the colors...

Also pulled the trigger on a t5 hybrid last night. I’m torn on the t5 bulbs though. I like a whiter tank so I got 3 coral plus and 1 purple plus. I’ll be using my hydras with it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back