60" NUVO...any plans?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if IM would consider a 60" tank in the future. This seems to be my sweet spot but also means I will have to compromise for another maker. That's unfortunate, because I really like IM's APS stands, bean animal overflow drains and leaving sump selection to the buyer.

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I would love a 60"x 36"

OP
OP
S

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if they don't respond on here i'd send them an email, their customer service guy is really good
Thanks @mattzang, I did just that. Asked @Innovative Marine for ideally a 60" long x 24-30" wide x 24" high EXT on white APS stand. Hopefully they'll get around to it eventually. Waterbox, Red Sea and Fiji Cube all have this size, but none have the awesome APS stand.

Another reason I like IM is that I get to choose my sump instead of compromising with one that comes with the tank.

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @mattzang, I did just that. Asked @Innovative Marine for ideally a 60" long x 24-30" wide x 24" high EXT on white APS stand. Hopefully they'll get around to it eventually. Waterbox, Red Sea and Fiji Cube all have this size, but none have the awesome APS stand.

Another reason I like IM is that I get to choose my sump instead of compromising with one that comes with the tank.
I saw they had their 200 EXT in white and unfortunately it is a bit too long for me. I was wanting a 60x30x24 on a white APS stand as well. Let us know what you hear.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I saw they had their 200 EXT in white and unfortunately it is a bit too long for me. I was wanting a 60x30x24 on a white APS stand as well. Let us know what you hear.

Instead of waiting for IM to MAYBE come out with a tank, why not go with a custom tank and a custom aluminum stand? You can get white Aluminum and use white PVC sheets as the panels :)

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of waiting for IM to MAYBE come out with a tank, why not go with a custom tank and a custom aluminum stand? You can get white Aluminum and use white PVC sheets as the panels :)
I have a quote already for a custom tank, but I have yet to look at white aluminum. I would assume a mass manufactured tank would be significantly less in cost, that's why I'm waiting, especially when I'm in no hurry at the moment.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quote already for a custom tank, but I have yet to look at white aluminum. I would assume a mass manufactured tank would be significantly less in cost, that's why I'm waiting, especially when I'm in no hurry at the moment.

You'd be surprised how close they can be in price depending on what tank maker you go with. I would wager an Innovative Marine 60" aquarium would be in the $2800-3000 range. Custom might be slightly more and this would mostly be related to shipping costs and the stand as custom 80/20 stands are more costly when they are custom.

This 60" x 30" x 17" aquarium from Miracles Aquariums set me back $3400 Canadian or roughly $2650 US. And about $700ish of that was extra expense due to me changing up the Dimensions after the glass had been cut. Stand, well I built it myself from 3/4" Plywood and laminated pine trim cost me about $500 CAD including paint and stain.
20200805_075652.jpg

Still in the process of getting it up and running but you get the Idea. I'd be willing to bet the same tank now would set you back about $2200 USD plus whatever the stand costs. (Just an estimate as things might have changed with glass availability and other things).

Don't forget this is a 100% custom option so you get EXACTLY what you want, eurobrace, no eurobrace, the right height and width for you. Whatever overflow you want etc etc. Why settle for whatever dimensions a mass manufacturer decides is best for them to make? Or wait for what "Could" be years, if ever?

Just food for thought...

Last edited:

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can buy just tank/stand from fijicube. If its not listed on there website just contact them.

OP
OP
S

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've heard back from Omar and Paul @Innovative Marine. First of all, a big shout out to them for a speedy response. They confirmed that they can do a 60" x 30" x 22" EXT or INT tank on white/black APS stand. The tank would be eurobraced. 19mm ultra-clear glass on the sides. 2-3 month delivery time.

I asked them if I could share this here and they said it wasn't a problem to share this sizing information, but would not take custom requests.

I was blown away by the response and honestly wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround. I am tempted to pull the trigger now, but I have to wait until I am back home (working overseas until the end of the year).

If anyone is interested, I suggest contacting them.

OP
OP
S

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be surprised how close they can be in price depending on what tank maker you go with. I would wager an Innovative Marine 60" aquarium would be in the $2800-3000 range. Custom might be slightly more and this would mostly be related to shipping costs and the stand as custom 80/20 stands are more costly when they are custom.

Don't forget this is a 100% custom option so you get EXACTLY what you want, eurobrace, no eurobrace, the right height and width for you. Whatever overflow you want etc etc. Why settle for whatever dimensions a mass manufacturer decides is best for them to make? Or wait for what "Could" be years, if ever?

Just food for thought...

Thanks for the suggestions. I have priced a few custom aquariums and find that IM comes very close, or even under the price for a like to like comparison. Also, I would just prefer not to have to coordinate all the moving parts in getting a custom aquarium and stand if I can get 95% what I want from IM at a very competitive price.

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've heard back from Omar and Paul @Innovative Marine. First of all, a big shout out to them for a speedy response. They confirmed that they can do a 60" x 30" x 22" EXT or INT tank on white/black APS stand. The tank would be eurobraced. 19mm ultra-clear glass on the sides. 2-3 month delivery time.

I asked them if I could share this here and they said it wasn't a problem to share this sizing information, but would not take custom requests.

I was blown away by the response and honestly wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround. I am tempted to pull the trigger now, but I have to wait until I am back home (working overseas until the end of the year).

If anyone is interested, I suggest contacting them.
Did you just email [email protected]? Or did you email a direct contact?

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This 60" x 30" x 17" aquarium from Miracles Aquariums set me back $3400 Canadian or roughly $2650 US. And about $700ish of that was extra expense due to me changing up the Dimensions after the glass had been cut. Stand, well I built it myself from 3/4" Plywood and laminated pine trim cost me about $500 CAD including paint and stain.
20200805_075652.jpg

Still in the process of getting it up and running but you get the Idea. I'd be willing to bet the same tank now would set you back about $2200 USD plus whatever the stand costs. (Just an estimate as things might have changed with glass availability and other things).

Just food for thought...
I'm highly interested in Miracles, but I assumed it would be exponentially more due to shipping from Canada to SE United States.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm highly interested in Miracles, but I assumed it would be exponentially more due to shipping from Canada to SE United States.

Probably cheaper... That was shipped to Calgary from Toronto or 2000ish Miles. Shipping is something you'll generally have to pay on a tank purchase anyway:)

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably cheaper... That was shipped to Calgary from Toronto or 2000ish Miles. Shipping is something you'll generally have to pay on a tank purchase anyway:)
It won’t let me pm you for some reason. What euro bracing is that? I’m going to reach out cause I really like that eurobrace you have.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH don’t forget to mention the single piece euro! I sometimes consider taking the tank out of the box but then decide I better not.. can’t risk a scratch!
Btw I would still would need IM to come down to 18” height although I’m partial to IM having owned several IMs since 2012.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back