600 gallon DIY Reef Slope Aquarium Build

AquariumDomain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been using my 600 gallon aquarium to grow out Shaks / Rays / Groupers for my 1800 gallon Predator Bay tank. Now that all the fish are moved over, that leaves the 600 gallon ready to be made into its own thing, a Reef Slope aquarium.

Aquarium Specs:

- 600 gallon DIY aquarium 72" x 48" x 48", tied into a 700 gallon refugium sump.
- Kessil a360we Tuna Blue lights, currently 4, may need to add more in the future.
- Waterflow: Jaebo Gyre pump (largest model) and multiple Sicce powerheads with controller.
- 4 foot tall reef rock emulating a reef slope type environment. Initial build mostly marco rock, populated with some existing liverock.
- Fish will include: large Angelfish, large Tangs, large Wrasse and other complimentary fish species.
- Corals will be made up of easy to care for soft corals that are noxious enough to not be picked at by the fish.

Here is the beginning of the tank:

MeghansReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already watched this video before I saw your build thread :cool: I am looking forward to the progression on this aquarium, being such a unique aquarium I think this could really be an amazing tank in time. Good luck with the build!

OP
OP
AquariumDomain

AquariumDomain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey MeghansReef! Oh yes I remember you from your very nice comments on my videos...thank you :) I am really looking forward to this tank evolving as well, I have lots of ideas and high hopes!

OP
OP
AquariumDomain

AquariumDomain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress on the 600 gallon Reef Slope aquarium. While not a Reef Slope yet, it is on its way. Added in my first batch of fish from quarantine, augmented the lighting and water flow.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back