Wisco Tank/Build Updates

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230420_183154~2.jpg

Doing well. Been seeing some great growth in the past month. Not sure if it's been increased water changes or more fresh air from me leaving my window cracked during the day.

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is doing great went from 180 to a 80 and everything transferred great having some Dino issues and need to get some microbacter7 to help with that but everything is doing great going to have to trim up a frog spawn soon it's getting to big

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some frags from Big Kahuna today. I'm not sure how many more SPS i'll be getting since once these grow out my rocks will probably be pretty full. Might have to think about upsizing then....oh no.....
1685939121204.png

1685939144551.png

1685939172740.png

1685939192792.png

1685939211968.png

I was also really impressed with their macroalgae and gorgonian 10,000k lighting display. Makes for a cool change from the blue tanks we usually have.

1685939288985.png

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel like things have been kind of dead in here. How is everyones tank doing? Ever since plumbing for AWC my stability has been pretty great. I installed a HOB reactor with biopellets for my AIO and am going to go that route instead of manual carbon dosing. I can control the pump with my Hydros XP8 so if I need to reduce the nutrient uptake in the future I can either intermittently run the reactor or the skimmer.

I'm also going to be getting 3 Noopsyche mini's for lighting instead of my Reefbreeders Photon. Honestly no complaints with the Reefbreeders light except that the mount actually is pretty bulky on the sides of the tank. I'll be sure to snap some pics once I've got the new lights installed. I'm also playing around with my 'scape. I've got some tonga rock in there now that I might end up removing since I don't really think it adds anything. I would replace it with some shelf rock or maybe a premade arch or something.

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awsome ur tanks doing good. I'm just coming off getting rid of dynos and now I think I have cyano but I would rather have that. Everything in my tank is doing good so far. Getting some new growth on diffent coral at different times which is weird to me lol. Going to start dosing trace elements when they show up to help with water changes and see how it goes. I'll probly icp test at some point but not sure when just had to put a new roof on the house so extra funds are low right now. @cwerner what size photon and I hung mine from the ceiling very clean look.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awsome ur tanks doing good. I'm just coming off getting rid of dynos and now I think I have cyano but I would rather have that. Everything in my tank is doing good so far. Getting some new growth on diffent coral at different times which is weird to me lol. Going to start dosing trace elements when they show up to help with water changes and see how it goes. I'll probly icp test at some point but not sure when just had to put a new roof on the house so extra funds are low right now. @cwerner what size photon and I hung mine from the ceiling very clean look.
I'm glad you could get rid of the dino's. My last tank had a particularly aggressive dino infestation that nuked everything in my tank and I took it down before putting up this one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back