60g cube stocking

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out the right amount of fish for my tank, and would would be considered a heavy,med,light load for a skimmer. I currently have a 60g with a trigger 26 sump running a reef octopus classic 110sss skimmer and a fuge. For fish I currently have two saddleback clowns, a pearly jawfish, a six line wrasse and about a 2" yellow tang (I plan to upgrade before he out grows the tank) they all get along very with no aggression to each other at all (the clowns and tang are best buds) should I consider adding more fish or is my crew enough for the tank? Also when adding new fish is there any others besides marine collectors the sells 100% quarantined fish more basic fish nothing collector. I live in the mpls/st Paul area.

ross0201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have great guidance on stocking levels; I stock heavily and struggle to keep nutrients up.

I can help a little with quarantined fish; the three online ones that I know of are
  • Quarantined Fish LLC. I've only bought one fish from him but it was healthy, eating and communication was great.
  • Quarantined Marine. I've never ordered from him but he has a good reputation
  • Humblefish Aquatics. He's kind of responsible for most of the hobby knowledge of these treatments. I got a bunch of fish from him, it was great. I think he's on hiatus though.
Locally I don't know details but I know New Wave Aquaria and Reef Collective do some form of QT.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have great guidance on stocking levels; I stock heavily and struggle to keep nutrients up.

I can help a little with quarantined fish; the three online ones that I know of are
  • Quarantined Fish LLC. I've only bought one fish from him but it was healthy, eating and communication was great.
  • Quarantined Marine. I've never ordered from him but he has a good reputation
  • Humblefish Aquatics. He's kind of responsible for most of the hobby knowledge of these treatments. I got a bunch of fish from him, it was great. I think he's on hiatus though.
Locally I don't know details but I know New Wave Aquaria and Reef Collective do some form of QT.
Thanks I'll check them out!

ross0201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with if your nitrogen and phosphate are where you want them; if you can raise those numbers start thinking of adding fish.

You have two bullies that I don't have any experience with, the 6-line and tang. Here's a bump for someone who might know what will get along with those two.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out the right amount of fish for my tank, and would would be considered a heavy,med,light load for a skimmer. I currently have a 60g with a trigger 26 sump running a reef octopus classic 110sss skimmer and a fuge. For fish I currently have two saddleback clowns, a pearly jawfish, a six line wrasse and about a 2" yellow tang (I plan to upgrade before he out grows the tank) they all get along very with no aggression to each other at all (the clowns and tang are best buds) should I consider adding more fish or is my crew enough for the tank? Also when adding new fish is there any others besides marine collectors the sells 100% quarantined fish more basic fish nothing collector. I live in the mpls/st Paul area.
Tang should've been added last as it's now established territory, any new additions will be bullied, gonna be tough trying to add more fish now... unless its a bigger fish but in a 60gal cube I would not add more large fish.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with if your nitrogen and phosphate are where you want them; if you can raise those numbers start thinking of adding fish.

You have two bullies that I don't have any experience with, the 6-line and tang. Here's a bump for someone who might know what will get along with those two.
My nitrate sits around 8-12 and phos .02-.05, I will say so far my 6 line and tang have been model citizens. But I haven't added a new fish n a while.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back