Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That scape looks amazing for seahorses! Great job!

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the scape! If it was me, I would remove any crabs , I know that they are considered low risk, but I have seen them really pick at ponies and can cause some injury . Opening the door for bacterial infection.
+1 on this. I had blue legs with my ponies and they gave them hell. Especially my Bonnie. She loved to lay on the bottom and spy amphipods crawling around the bottom of the rocks. They would crawl all over her and stress her out. Into the 75g they went!

How is the progress?

OP
OP
want2bsleepy

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this. I had blue legs with my ponies and they gave them hell. Especially my Bonnie. She loved to lay on the bottom and spy amphipods crawling around the bottom of the rocks. They would crawl all over her and stress her out. Into the 75g they went!

How is the progress?
Progress is at a halt, every time we catch up on our finances something else goes wrong. This summer alone we have put about $4k into fixing car problems...the tank is currently going through the ugly algae phase, so we'll be adding more snails soon. The hold up is money for lights and chiller.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand! Our sump on our 75g blew out in April causing flooding. In carpet. UGH. We ended up having to take down the tank to replace the flooring. Thank godness for homeowners insurance! Since we had it down we replaced the floors and that turned into a huge reno in the house. But, we have all porcelain flooring now though. Phew! ANNDDD, hubby decided "since he tank is down we might as well upgrade the 75 to a 90" since it had the same footprint! OH, the joys of reefing!!!! LOL
Looking forward to seeing your progress.....I just love your rock and tank!

OP
OP
want2bsleepy

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand! Our sump on our 75g blew out in April causing flooding. In carpet. UGH. We ended up having to take down the tank to replace the flooring. Thank godness for homeowners insurance! Since we had it down we replaced the floors and that turned into a huge reno in the house. But, we have all porcelain flooring now though. Phew! ANNDDD, hubby decided "since he tank is down we might as well upgrade the 75 to a 90" since it had the same footprint! OH, the joys of reefing!!!! LOL
Looking forward to seeing your progress.....I just love your rock and tank!
Thank you!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got some major algae starting to build up, so getting some nails to add this weekend. Wishing I was adding more!
Snails can help a lot. Sometimes (actually most times) a tanks has to look pretty bad before it can look good.

OP
OP
want2bsleepy

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, we have our first fishy inhabitant! So happy to finally get something swimming around in the tank, even if it is a tiny tail spot blenny. He seams so small in that giant tank all by himself, but is happily munching on the algae that is taking off. We've also added a dozen astrea snails and one turbo, hoping that they can keep up with the algae. We also got a dragon faced pipefish who we put in our frag tank right now to (hopefully) deal with our flatworm problem. He'll end up in the seahorse tank as well. They are both so cute, I'll try to get some pics of them up here.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, we have our first fishy inhabitant! So happy to finally get something swimming around in the tank, even if it is a tiny tail spot blenny. He seams so small in that giant tank all by himself, but is happily munching on the algae that is taking off. We've also added a dozen astrea snails and one turbo, hoping that they can keep up with the algae. We also got a dragon faced pipefish who we put in our frag tank right now to (hopefully) deal with our flatworm problem. He'll end up in the seahorse tank as well. They are both so cute, I'll try to get some pics of them up here.
Woop! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back