675 gallon glass display / 1,100 + gallon system in LA

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just wow! Never really thought about how intricate separate plumbing has to be for water changes and maintenance until I see a tank THIS big.

How large are the containers for your changing and mixing stations? I don't think I saw them listed for the fish room.

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just wow! Never really thought about how intricate separate plumbing has to be for water changes and maintenance until I see a tank THIS big.

How large are the containers for your changing and mixing stations? I don't think I saw them listed for the fish room.

The mixing tank is basically a large acrylic 220 gallon tank

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d6391002c5495fcabf3988a7c7878d87.jpg

Here is the mixing tank

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Can't wait to find out how the flow situation is. What are your return pumps? I'm currently waiting on my 13.5' tank to be completed and plan to put powerheads on both ends and might even put MP40's along the back. Mine is a peninsula tank but one side is the fish room so I'll have a curtain to hide what's behind the tank from inside my living room where the tank will be built into the wall. I'm also debating whether or not to go bare bottom, starboard, rubble rock, or combo of sands...

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Awesome build with so much information and great ideas!

I really like your aquascape. I have a couple questions for you about it.
You said you used acrylic rods and ecotech glue. What size acrylic rod did you use?
Did you use anything else to attach the rocks together? I might see something like concrete but I'm not sure?

Thank you very much for this thread!

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
34c4700fc46beef9c29ecb9cd439aac7.jpg

The custom made 10" reactors are almost done [emoji736]

First at all congrats to live the Reefer life many of us dreaming about and sharing your pictures and built :)

Really appreciated, to watch and see the exiting stuff in the background of this already epic reef tank !!!

Being in the 200-300 range I was considering 500-600 in future for the next step and I'm wondering how you will manage nutrients on this tank size?

The above reactors may be used as Nutrient reduction reactors by use of Methanol racing fuel for carbon dosing maybe?
Let me know, I'm really interested about your ideas and plans on nutrients and bioload management, since you are apparently already experienced with the big boy reef class :)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers outta Houston,

Andre

ReefJunky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! This is a super nice build! I'd love to earn his salary. This set up probably costs as much as my house. (I live in the midwest.) I wish that I had a fifth of the equipment it takes to put this all together as I sit and stare in amazement! My 225 DT is his quarantine tank. I take my hat off and bow my head.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back