675 gallon glass display / 1,100 + gallon system in LA

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your tank is already spectacular! It is a testament to your planning on hard work that you were able to get it to this stage already! I can only dream about how good it will look in a year or two once the coral starts growing in!

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your tank is already spectacular! It is a testament to your planning on hard work that you were able to get it to this stage already! I can only dream about how good it will look in a year or two once the coral starts growing in!

Thank you soo much, it was a lot of hard work and pre-planning...I hope I can get these little one inch frags to show soon! This hobby needs ninja level patience!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eba2a60e63bf9172dc2a7a8bf1988da1.jpg

My old 1hp chiller that I salvaged from my last tank seems to be dying so I bought this beast to replace it. This thing looks like a 3 ton home condenser! LOL. This is a 2 hp Tradewind Chillers.

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading and living vicariously through these LARGE BUILDS. Incredible write up and documentation of the build coming together. Looks like you have planned out everything and taken your time, which is key, for the size of these tanks.

Some thing to watch for on those SPS, helping by providing supplements, can help boost the SPS skeleton body. Thus, creating accelerated growth to negate the dying tissue. I recently went through an alk spike on my tank, and by dosing Acropower, Reefroids, and Fuel (half dosage, everyday), I was able to save several pieces.

Question for you....How many hours of maintenance do you spend per week on this tank?
Asking for a friend :p

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading and living vicariously through these LARGE BUILDS. Incredible write up and documentation of the build coming together. Looks like you have planned out everything and taken your time, which is key, for the size of these tanks.

Some thing to watch for on those SPS, helping by providing supplements, can help boost the SPS skeleton body. Thus, creating accelerated growth to negate the dying tissue. I recently went through an alk spike on my tank, and by dosing Acropower, Reefroids, and Fuel (half dosage, everyday), I was able to save several pieces.

Question for you....How many hours of maintenance do you spend per week on this tank?
Asking for a friend :p

Thanks for the compliments and encouraging words! You have a very interesting., I’ve been trying to add macro powder, potassium, magnesium using a dosing pump. Sometimes I add Reef Roids polyp extender. Any other thoughts on what I could add to make these 1 inch frags grow any faster?

This tank takes too much maintenance that I needed to hire a kid from my church and teach them how to do some of the harder work. He works about 20 to 30 hours a week on the tank.
He takes care of my 1200 gallon system, 80 gallon Quarantine Tank for the coral, 100 gallon fish quarantine, and a 125 gallon outdoor tank (part of the 1,200 gallon system)!
Sometimes I feel like I’m running a public aquarium! LOL

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank takes too much maintenance that I needed to hire a kid from my church and teach them how to do some of the harder work. He works about 20 to 30 hours a week on the tank.
This is amazing to me. With all the reactors and various equipment, I figured this would have been on autopilot.

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing to me. With all the reactors and various equipment, I figured this would have been on autopilot.

This is how much work it takes with autopilot features in place lol...There’s always something to do in a system this size. There always pumps to clean, something to service, chemicals to test, glass to clean, Corals to dip, and since the tank is new there is still a learning curve in these first few months. I assume that the maintenance will be half as much in a few months.

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments and encouraging words! You have a very interesting., I’ve been trying to add macro powder, potassium, magnesium using a dosing pump. Sometimes I add Reef Roids polyp extender. Any other thoughts on what I could add to make these 1 inch frags grow any faster?

He takes care of my 1200 gallon system, 80 gallon Quarantine Tank for the coral, 100 gallon fish quarantine, and a 125 gallon outdoor tank (part of the 1,200 gallon system)!

LOL I would love to come check out your public aquarium if you were in Fl.

As far as the Acros...You might have to give them some time, they love stability, flow, and food. Your system may be young, and still developing.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I add Reef Roids polyp extender. Any other thoughts on what I could add to make these 1 inch frags grow any faster?
I can tell you what I have noticed with my young system. The frags I have put in all start growing very slowly. And I mean very slowly. Once they finally start growing a new branch, the new branches grow much faster and with better color than the original frags branches.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely a awesome build, love how you made it a peninsula. If I had the room when I did mine I would have. AGE makes some nice tanks. That’s where I got mine from as well.

Your rock work is lovely! How’s it been with flow? Do you find yourself wanting more even with just having frags right now?

20-30hrs a week? Did you accidentally add a extra zero to both that 2 and 3? That seems like a lot!! On a plus note it’s great having someone there to watch it if you’re out of town!

Keep up the good work!!

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!!! Where did you get the chiller? I May need that same one. Installing a 2400 mini split in garage today...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back