7” Filter Media Cup that fit Trigger Systems Tideline 48

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, I am looking for any information on 7” filter media cups to replace the filter socks. The only media cup I can find is the one on marine depot, which states that it does not fit in the trigger systems sump with two sock holders, like my tideline 48 has. If anyone has any experience with this sump and media cups or knows someone who may be 3D printing or doing custom cups I would love some help. So tired of changing filter socks that I’ve just pulled them off the tank.
Picture is a stock photo of the sump I have

1B547EF3-99C5-444E-86CA-7CE9E1042B7E.png

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found the answer. Remove the plate above the filter socks and measure the opening. It needs to be 7 inchs or more each direction for the cups to be able to go though. On some of their models a cup can not fit though the cutout and on some models it can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roid Reefs

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found the answer. Remove the plate above the filter socks and measure the opening. It needs to be 7 inchs or more each direction for the cups to be able to go though. On some of their models a cup can not fit though the cutout and on some models it can.
So with the tideline 48, it should fit as long as the the length and with fit through the opening? I’m guessing I will also need to have enough clear space inside to be able to turn the cup up and slip it into the holder. i may have to message them and see how big the lip is on the cup to make sure it doesn’t slip through. I read that on the 4” that it didn’t fit so well and almost falls through.

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to be interesting gettting a cup for a 7 inch hole through that 6.75 opening. You can flex the top to get the rim through but that bottom doesn't flex and will be fun to get through there. I would ask the brand cup you are going to buy how wide the bottom is. As long as the bottom is 6.75 or less you likely can squeeze the top to force it through.

OP
OP
Roid Reefs

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to be interesting gettting a cup for a 7 inch hole through that 6.75 opening. You can flex the top to get the rim through but that bottom doesn't flex and will be fun to get through there. I would ask the brand cup you are going to buy how wide the bottom is. As long as the bottom is 6.75 or less you likely can squeeze the top to force it through.
That's what I was thinking. Might need someone who can 3D print to make some.

OP
OP
Roid Reefs

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tell me your thoughts on this design, The opening is 6.75" wide by 13.5" long that I have to fit the cup through. There is about 4" of clearance from the filter sock rack to the top lip of the sump. My thoughts are that if I get a 6.5" cup made that can slide down through the opening and the filter sock hole, then there can be a base that has threads on the inside that I can put in at an angle, then just pivot down in through the opening, then Screw the cup to the base.

ignore my crappy drawings, not an artist by any means.

952D3AE0-E52B-4626-AFDB-F66BCAD65D66.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back