7 gallon reef tank (+2.5 gallon sump). Updating my current nano

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I ordered this 7 gallon lifeguard full view aquarium when I was planning to make a soft coral only Tank, however, I found a tank better suited for that space. I had already paid for the 7 gallon so I figured I might as well use it, and spruce up my current nano tank (5 gallon Fluval EVO) in the process.

Plan is to drill the 7 gallon to overflow to the sump that will sit below. The sump will pretty much stay the same way it is now and all the rock, sand, and livestock from the 5 gallon will go into the new tank.

built the stand today, still needs to be sanded and stained. Also, I managed to build the stand only using wood I already had lying around, all I had to buy was a new drillbit and a bottle of glue, so $10 in total cost.

10F545D8-622A-42CC-B12E-56CF1A0A2939.jpeg

87403AF7-DC5D-4192-BFC0-BA35446CCF8E.jpeg

Last edited:

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two of those LifeGuard ‘slant nose’ (like a Porsche— lol!) tanks set up. Mine were AIO. I used double Kessil A80s to light them and keep softies. I think they’re excellent little tanks, it’s just not as popular (or at least not as well known) to most people. Enjoy your project!

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had two of those LifeGuard ‘slant nose’ (like a Porsche— lol!) tanks set up. Mine were AIO. I used double Kessil A80s to light them and keep softies. I think they’re excellent little tanks, it’s just not as popular (or at least not as well known) to most people. Enjoy your project!
I actually ordered the AOI version but Fish Store ordered this one on accident. . . But oh well, it’ll make for a cool project.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back