!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing. All the return lines are 2" indeed. My runs are over 30 feet long and i wanted to optimise flow. Cant really go wrong with 2" on the iwaki 100. I think they run a little quieter even. Maybe thats just me.

These powerful pumps like an Iwaki 100 will have cavitation of it has too much back pressure. That's is usually the cause for noise. Also diameter of the line is the single biggest factor in head pressure calculations. Bigger pipe=better flow, the end.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you define "real soon"?

It's been a while...
He has to be the only vendor on the internet where it is faster to get an order delivered than a picture posted! :p

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 u are correct I ordered a battle box of mystery and he gets back to u within the hour awesome to work with in that sense

But ask for a photo even after he said he was going to post one up for get about it

He is taking lessons off of @revhtree build thread I guess

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 u are correct I ordered a battle box of mystery and he gets back to u within the hour awesome to work with in that sense

But ask for a photo even after he said he was going to post one up for get about it

He is taking lessons off of @revhtree build thread I guess
I'll cut them both some slack. I would imagine Adam is having to work incredibly hard keeping these large new systems stable along and getting everything dialed in while still keeping his customers happy.

I know Rev is having to fill the role of two pastors at his church with his father still being laid up. He is still trying to move forward with his build, and has 4 QT tanks currently stocked with fish. And that is on top of his responsibilities within R2R. I wouldn't expect him to make posting a FTS a priority either.

Would I love to have photo's of both setups? Of course. I'll even tease them about it. I also understand that their priorities are in the right spot at this point. We will get our eye candy eventually.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm maybe someone should order some pictures and post them for him.

LOL not a bad idea! My customers do get the high priority;) Just getting over the hump guys I swear, had to upgrade my RO/DI as the 75 gpd just wasn't cutting it. Took me over a week to fill one tank! Upgraded to the UHE 400gpd but I'm still waiting for a part that was missing:(

IMG_9600_zpsbuyyw0dt.jpg

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody's overcompensating....

Tell us how that works out for you. I like the low wastewater ratio on those units. I'm running a OLD spectrapure 3-stage that's been frankesteined with dual DI and a second RO membrane. It works, but I'd love to have one of the new UHE units.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Somebody's overcompensating....

Tell us how that works out for you. I like the low wastewater ratio on those units. I'm running a OLD spectrapure 3-stage that's been frankesteined with dual DI and a second RO membrane. It works, but I'd love to have one of the new UHE units.

Absolutely.

I looked at these years ago because my water here is super expensive second highest in the state , so it wasn't a hard decision., It will pay for itself in time. The set up is kind of involved but I have it figured out. Just waiting for part lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely.

I looked at these years ago because my water here is super expensive second highest in the state , so it wasn't a hard decision., It will pay for itself in time. The set up is kind of involved but I have it figured out. Just waiting for part lol
Well if you didn't live in a desert maybe your water wouldn't be so high. :confused:

Sure would be nice if Wisconsin had a huge freshwater lake or a large river on its borders. Or even just had a lot of smaller lakes sprinkled in it. Maybe then they could figure out a way to lower your water rates. :p

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well if you didn't live in a desert maybe your water wouldn't be so high. :confused:

Sure would be nice if Wisconsin had a huge freshwater lake or a large river on its borders. Or even just had a lot of smaller lakes sprinkled in it. Maybe then they could figure out a way to lower your water rates. :p

Yeah it's honestly a few ticks away form robbery. When we first moved her i went down and complained all the time, begging to know why its so much but they never gave me anything other than to say that the people it servers is relatively small so thats part of it. "Oh well" was about it from them and they handed me the sheet on how to save water.

Not to mention, The water itself sucks. I finally got a much better mechanical house filter, but before then, id go through sed filters every time i made water. Literally, i watched them turn orange. And it stinks hard of chlorine. excessively

Its a sore spot for me lol hopefully the new unit will ease that burden

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's honestly a few ticks away form robbery. When we first moved her i went down and complained all the time, begging to know why its so much but they never gave me anything other than to say that the people it servers is relatively small so thats part of it. "Oh well" was about it from them and they handed me the sheet on how to save water.

Not to mention, The water itself sucks. I finally got a much better mechanical house filter, but before then, id go through sed filters every time i made water. Literally, i watched them turn orange. And it stinks hard of chlorine. excessively

Its a sore spot for me lol hopefully the new unit will ease that burden
Given your situation, have you considered putting in a personal well just for your RODI? It might pay for itself in a few years, especially if your water department uses chloramine which will burn out your RODI unit fairly quickly.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Given your situation, have you considered putting in a personal well just for your RODI? It might pay for itself in a few years, especially if your water department uses chloramine which will burn out your RODI unit fairly quickly.

was the first thing I asked,

They said I cant do it! :( Not allowed in the municipality so the really got me don't they. . Trust me I'd have done it years ago. I have already paid for about 5-6 wells now in 10 years here.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have an office in Kenosha, the water is some of the worst I've come across in this country.

Have you thought about rainwater collection?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back