!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love that modification to the calcium RX. I might have to do that to my 818. Nice work!

It was kind of a gotta be once I realized where it was going. Was a tad hesitant to start drilling holes in my nice new reactor. But I like the mod so much, I have already done it to my older 818 and 612! All the clunky pipework on the top just makes it a pain to refill if you ask me. None of the working mechanism is compromised with this mod either.

let me know if you'd like to see some better pics of the 818

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats On getting the move done, sure it was a beast. Did you do any special prep in the new system to get them ready for acro's, just wondering as they are so sensitive sometimes.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats On getting the move done, sure it was a beast. Did you do any special prep in the new system to get them ready for acro's, just wondering as they are so sensitive sometimes.

I got 1k lbs of dry rock from marco around august and i had it in water for about 7 months before it went in the new system. That was all I really did to prep but the rock was pretty established by then for sure.

Joel Franco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, what do you keep all of your parameters at? Also, thanks for the starter frags you sent me. They are all looking great.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam do your tanks go through the "ugly phase"? What do you do when your tanks get cyano or dinos?

It was very brief. a few days to a week maybe the white eggcrate browned upon a bit, but it passed pretty fast . I added a ton of pods from @alagebarn and i think that helped speed up the process as well.

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that flexible tubing coming from the top of the reactor and that thing hooked in the end of it? What purpose is that doing for you?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's that flexible tubing coming from the top of the reactor and that thing hooked in the end of it? What purpose is that doing for you?

That is the effluent drip and a small filter I like to use before the valve to keep it from clogging. Works like a charm

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have been following along with great interest and, still, the perpetual excitement to order from you!

I do have a question regarding the Deltec (and I know you are a guru of sorts). I recently acquired a SC2060 and was wondering how much value is put into the water level in the discharge. What is the preferred height there? I just want to make sure I'm running at max efficiency.

Hi there. I like keep the water level in the exit pipe about an inch below the white bayonet fitting. You inevitably will need to tweak it a little from the but that's a good place start

DipSpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I like keep the water level in the exit pipe about an inch below the white bayonet fitting. You inevitably will need to tweak it a little from the but that's a good place start

Got it! I'll aim for that. It seems it steadily rises?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd like to try that filter. Where did you get it? Thanks!

It's actually a German diesel fuel filter and I really cant take all the credit. This is the same filter Deltec has been using on their calcium reactors for many years. Dialing in the drip will never be easier. I wouldn't run a calcium reactor without one.

I get them from here. part#

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually a German diesel fuel filter and I really cant take all the credit. This is the same filter Deltec has been using on their calcium reactors for many years. Dialing in the drip will never be easier. I wouldn't run a calcium reactor without one.

I get them from here. part#

Thanks Adam! At that price I guess I should just get a case. Do you change them often?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
eh, fairy shmary. would a couple pics of the back up system suffice?:D

The 4 tanks that made up my main system in the basement, are now my back up system. I have allocated one as a new stand alone QT system.

IMG_9662_zpsofxm6jgp.jpg

IMG_4672_zpshhhxcoko.jpg

IMG_4671_zps9exumotp.jpg

Back