!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL yeah, I appreciate the bump believe me. I can't believe how neglected this thread has been. I wish I had more time to devote to the forums. It's like the good news is, "I'm busy" but the bad news is, " I'm Busy". May have to consider hiring on a "ghostwriter/forum feeder" lol! Anyone interested? I did get some long overdue coral shots yesterday so look forward to some new pieces popping up here real soon:) at least

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you offer payment in frags you'll have a line of volunteers to write for you!

This is something I would gladly do:) Could we turn it into a contest? Maybe a simple writing competition and the winner joins the would be 2 person "battleteam" and is to be compensated for their work with sps?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I would gladly do:) Could we turn it into a contest? Maybe a simple writing competition and the winner joins the would be 2 person "battleteam" and is to be compensated for their work with sps?

I can't write worth a darn, but I will gladly accept frags for such a brilliant idea :p Hopefully the winners go way overboard and they write it like a cheezy infomercial or like an 80s WWF interview with Mean Gene.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if I can write in pictures lol.

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be in THE BATTLETEAM , a quarter of my sticks are from Adam !!! Maybe that has to be a qualification.

Nralven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that modification to the calcium RX. I might have to do that to my 818. Nice work!
Adam great read. Loads of valuable tips and insights. Thanks for sharing. Can you any details on the calcium RX mod?
The Battle box I got from about a month was fantastic all are going extremely well.

Nralven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was kind of a gotta be once I realized where it was going. Was a tad hesitant to start drilling holes in my nice new reactor. But I like the mod so much, I have already done it to my older 818 and 612! All the clunky pipework on the top just makes it a pain to refill if you ask me. None of the working mechanism is compromised with this mod either.

let me know if you'd like to see some better pics of the 818
Yes please

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes please

Ies absolutely. Ill get some pics and post later on. Headed out to a b-day party for my niece today but will be back later on:) I have it offline right now so i can get some good close shots. Actually thinking about selling my smaller one the 6-12 i believe it is as well. same mod done to that guy.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes please

Hi there,

So here's a few pics of the mods I did. Essentially, I always loved the GEO but I never liked how the top was connected to the plumbing, So I drilled the body and re-did the piping, freeing up the lid. Pretty simple really but way easier to reload. and fit under my sump lid on the main system way better as well.

Oddly enough, I went to Geo to get a "before " pic I could post, and I see that GEO is now making the new 2019 exactly this way.:) So you won't have to do any of this if you buy one new. I have to wonder if my little re-worked design inspired them to make the change.:)

My 612 running on the backup now.

IMG_0425.jpeg

here is the 818

IMG_0437.jpeg

And the mighty 1218 on the main

IMG_0040.jpg

Last edited:

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would just do it to be on the BattleTeam - no compensation necessary for me :D
Adam’s friendship is worth more to me than the sticks :)

Nralven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

So here's a few pics of the mods I did. Essentially, I always loved the GEO but I never liked how the top was connected to the plumbing, So I drilled the body and re-did the piping, freeing up the lid. Pretty simple really but way easier to reload. and fit under my sump lid on the main system way better as well.

Oddly enough, I went to Geo to get a "before " pic I could post, and I see that GEO is now making the new 2019 exactly this way.:) So you won't have to do any of this if you buy one new. I have to wonder if my little re-worked design inspired them to make the change.:)

My 612 running on the backup now.

IMG_0425.jpeg

here is the 818

IMG_0437.jpeg

And the mighty 1218 on the main

IMG_0040.jpg
Hi Adam on the 612 and 1218 it looks like you have some tubing inside of the reactor. Can you comment on this? I do not see this on the 818. Where did you get the seal for the hole you cut into the side of the reactor? I have a 624 I’m thinking about modifying.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Adam on the 612 and 1218 it looks like you have some tubing inside of the reactor. Can you comment on this? I do not see this on the 818. Where did you get the seal for the hole you cut into the side of the reactor? I have a 624 I’m thinking about modifying

HI there yep indeed I drilled the body myself, and used rubber ner "uniseals" for the Return piping.,

Let me know if that makes sense, and/or i caclarifyly anything else for you at all.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back