720 gallon Miami Build

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely in my wife's home office
hahaha thats hilarious. Those anthias are going to require many feedings throughout the day. Ever consider creating an automatic feeder for frozen foods?

I just picked up a mini fridge - hopefully by the time i have it implemented i'll have worked out a better system of delivering frozen to the tank without it getting clogged in the tubes

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U should make a 720 gallon damsel tank.
Ur setup looks amazing can't wait to see it completed

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha thats hilarious. Those anthias are going to require many feedings throughout the day. Ever consider creating an automatic feeder for frozen foods?

I just picked up a mini fridge - hopefully by the time i have it implemented i'll have worked out a better system of delivering frozen to the tank without it getting clogged in the tubes

I will feed heavily. For heavy stocked aquariums it's a must to limit aggression. Unfortunately that set up won't work for me. My tanks an island and I am super tight as is under my tank as is. When I'm home I can feed and my wife works from home so she can feed as well. I have two Neptunes AFS for the aquarium as well to feed pellets and flakes which they will unlikely eat.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you plumbing the water changes to the tanks outside? are you just going to use wheels under a big bucket for water changes?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locito, how much turn over are you planning to get out of your return pump? I can't seem to scale precise as this is a very big tank, lol! Is your overflow gonna be able to handle? 1" bulkhead fittings at the bottom?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you plumbing the water changes to the tanks outside? are you just going to use wheels under a big bucket for water changes?

I'm thinking Iwakis? Construction on that starts next week. I'm thinking 1/4 " pvc inside 1/2" wrapped with AC pipe insulation foam to keep temps reasonable. That's still a work in progress :)

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locito, how much turn over are you planning to get out of your return pump? I can't seem to scale precise as this is a very big tank, lol! Is your overflow gonna be able to handle? 1" bulkhead fittings at the bottom?

I'm debating on just having a vectra L1 as a single return and the barracuda and extra L1 as CL. In total with the other pumps were running 497750 gallons per hour. I won't be running everything at 100% though. I'll play with flow. Might add an addition al mp 60. Got a gyre 150 1 mp60, 3 wav so flow wise I think I'm good but one more mp60 would be fun. Also got 2 1" sea swirls!

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your electrical on the other site and commented. Nice to see its a little more acceptable. In the future look for liquidtight flex, if you want water/moisture proof.

I really like your tank and I look forward to this thread.

I wouldnt worry about that generator if you load it to 80% capacity.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your electrical on the other site and commented. Nice to see its a little more acceptable. In the future look for liquidtight flex, if you want water/moisture proof.

I really like your tank and I look forward to this thread.

I wouldnt worry about that generator if you load it to 80% capacity.

That's the best news I heard all week! Most electrical Will be connected outside the sump as much as possible. The inside one and the one on top will be emergency use only :) thx for the advice. I'll look into liquid tight flex. You'd expect the electrician to k ow those things. :-/
42e50922b8620aa625bfd1f0d6346763.jpg

Just got this in today. Looking to add about 4-6 of these with narrow lens to help penetrate towards the bottom of the sand.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to stocking. The third wave is where the fun begins. First group of fish in this group will be a pair of aqua cultured Mandarins. Both psychedelic and Royal. By this time Ill have plenty of pods in my double refugium and display tank as well. Forgot the lawnmower blenny! Then come a pair Flame angels, Singapore angel, Tangs. I love tangs ( 3-4 Yellow, 1 PBT, 1-2 Purple, Atlantic Blue, Dory, Achilles (Maybe) I was looking into clowns but they get way to big and aggressive. I am looking into also adding a nice sized group of Skunk clowns, pair of Black Percs, Regular percs and a pair of Gold Striped Maroons. (Last). The last major addition Im hoping for is a pair of Emperor Angerls and a pair of Regals. My main issue with these clowns is that this would exclude LPS, Softies, Zoas etc from this aquarium. Id like to add 4 cleaner shrimps and 7-8 Fire shrimps as well. In a dream world I would one day add a clown trigger but that is likely not an option. I will have a niger and am considering a few more friendly Triggers. (Pink tailed, Crosshatch etc.) Any suggestions? Big question I had was Angels will devour a clam likely? If so I would set up the 220 for whatever the angels would devour.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the best news I heard all week! Most electrical Will be connected outside the sump as much as possible. The inside one and the one on top will be emergency use only :) thx for the advice. I'll look into liquid tight flex. You'd expect the electrician to k ow those things. :-/

Just got this in today. Looking to add about 4-6 of these with narrow lens to help penetrate towards the bottom of the sand.
Following. And I was lookn at the 360we blue. As a supplementary got 4 t5s 2 day coral and blue+. So would u recommend them for stronger par just for a "cliff rock scape" for BTA 2 keep em from moving so much

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From previous experience with BTA. They go for not only light but also flow that they like. What I would do is put the anemone in first. Let him situate himself and then you can add the light of need be. I'll be running T5 as well. I got the narrow beams to try to penetrate to the bottom.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2ae18961b4acfd528d5180d05cc030eb.jpg

Got one for each tank. Getting the booster cables to power the vectra L1 return. :)

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its hit or miss, I cringed when I saw some of your wiring.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hit or miss, I cringed when I saw some of your wiring.

I told the electrician i thought salt water would corrode the metal housings and pipe. I really didn't think about the height. Luckily the guy was standup and redid the work at no cost. It looks good now in your opinion?

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it's fine. Myself I would have just went with cabtire or simular if I just needed water ingress protection and not mechanical protection (such as inside walls or cabinets.)

However I do not know your local codes.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conduit plastic or emt is not dry acording to code, it is considered a wet location is what im trying to get at.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back