720 gallon Miami Build

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did add live blackworms to the regimen. I honestly feed throughout the day. Lots of Nori. Different colored sheets. Sometimes live caulerpa from the sump. I feed anything and everything. I mix and match. I feed Dr G dewormer and antiparásitic. Definitely noticed the fish look a lot better since the worms became part of the regimen. They go through a lot of food a day. I also make them a mixture myself with metroplex, kanaplex amd focus.
is it bad to put medicine into the food? doesn't this actually eventually harm the corals?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your clowns go in the carpet anemones ? The red/pink anemone is beautiful. I had to get rid of my carpet , he was too effective at catching anything and everything.

They do now but not originally. Now they love them. Shame about the anemone.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with the carpet anemones eating any of your fish?

Bubbaque so far so good. I have seen them catch prey but it's always been during the outbreak period when fish would typically fall in there. Anemone never said no of course lol

JVS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16cf4ddda2bec6ad939df25025255e8e.jpg

I know I know many people hate this product but I had great results with only MM years ago so won't do a system without it.

0b1a1dca0c2558b07d244dc3af2e90f7.jpg

Got my Koralin S-4102 Sulfur Denitrator

bbad3b93545ac6c93944a9b65f11d679.jpg

UV Sterilizer! Thing looks like a submarine

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection of fish, I see the MI is nipping at the nori clip so I guess he eating well. do you order your black worms or are you able to get them locally

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection of fish, I see the MI is nipping at the nori clip so I guess he eating well. do you order your black worms or are you able to get them locally

He is eating Nori. I'm improvising ways to present food. I'm going to make some masstick and put it on LR chunks. It's hard to spot feed anyone in my system but I think I can sneak it on with my sons help. Justin actually got me into the black worms. Not gonna lie when the first shipment came in I felt like sending them back lol. Truly took a few moments to adapt. Honestly though once that initial cleaning occurs it's fairly straightforward as far as maintenance. I ordered a lb from California live black worms. I can get you the name but they are the first thing that pops up on google. My fish do consume it quickly and they do require at least every other day cleaning. I do it daily as I feed them daily. There is a shortage so 1 lb is max they will send you at this time. I say try it out. My fish look more vibrant. Their colors pop. I do feed a lot of different foods as well but I do think it helps them. I went from losing mass quantities of fish mostly my fault I admit but now I add them and they stay healthy. It is also good for the LFS. If I see a fish chomp them at the store I know I can get hi. To eat.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is eating Nori. I'm improvising ways to present food. I'm going to make some masstick and put it on LR chunks. It's hard to spot feed anyone in my system but I think I can sneak it on with my sons help. Justin actually got me into the black worms. Not gonna lie when the first shipment came in I felt like sending them back lol. Truly took a few moments to adapt. Honestly though once that initial cleaning occurs it's fairly straightforward as far as maintenance. I ordered a lb from California live black worms. I can get you the name but they are the first thing that pops up on google. My fish do consume it quickly and they do require at least every other day cleaning. I do it daily as I feed them daily. There is a shortage so 1 lb is max they will send you at this time. I say try it out. My fish look more vibrant. Their colors pop. I do feed a lot of different foods as well but I do think it helps them. I went from losing mass quantities of fish mostly my fault I admit but now I add them and they stay healthy. It is also good for the LFS. If I see a fish chomp them at the store I know I can get hi. To eat.
Thank you. I've been considering ordering the black worms but I'm just not too particular about letting them chill in my frig lol. I initially had two MI one just failed to thrive. The one that made it would only eat nori go awhile then he would only eat pellets if they were rolling along the bottom in the flow, now he eats anything and I think he likes my chalice also

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I could help Locitto
Black worms are the best ever.
My fish are vibrant as well.
The thing is black worms can not be the staple of the diet.
When I work I feed or try to feed three times pinch or two of black worms before work and then after work then 2 grams of lrs at around nine pm.

When I'm off I double my feeding about 4-5 pinches throughout the day of black worms and 2 servings of lrs.

Knock on wood nothing bad has happened to my fish since starting this feeding regemine.

And I have found for the black worms and I have tried everything from paper towels to coffee filters the best way to clean them is two sink grates overlap the holes so they are small. Poor in the black worms run water thru them and dump it back into the container.

@Black Pearl If done right and @locito277 had the same doubts if done right u don't even know the worms are in the fridge. My better half doesn't even realize they are in there and it takes up about as much space as a small cheese container. It's easy least once u get in the swing of things.

But the worms can not go neglected they need to be cleaned at lease every other day and if not everyday. If any saltwater gets in the container it will kill the worms as well.

I don't know where u live black pearl but u should try to find a local black worm source because it is fully worth it

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List of foods
PE mysis
Spurillia Brine shrimp
Nori
Book choy
LSR
Chunky
Reef Frenzy
Herbivore Frenzy
Occasionally get a few clams from fresh market and chop them up
Black worms will be an excellent addition to this

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 200g water changes. I change 60-80g a month manually on my 350g system. I do wish I had the genesis. Seems like you are well on your way. We are probably going to go with a generac for the house. Also, just wanted to say I love the space the tank is in. It seems perfect between the rooms.

Hi TJ hey wanted to check in to see if you went the general route after all?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List of foods
PE mysis
Spurillia Brine shrimp
Nori
Book choy
LSR
Chunky
Reef Frenzy
Herbivore Frenzy
Occasionally get a few clams from fresh market and chop them up

I also feed all those mentioned. I mix everything in with the plexes. I also keep some by itself to mix in. I'm intrigued by the bok Choy. How is it served? How often? I buy all types of different Nori. And feed the caulerpa from the filter as well. What kind of clams do you guys buy?

Back