720 gallon Miami Build

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got back from vacation and figured it had been awhile since I last posted. All in all I think the tank did ok. Had some temp fluctuations due to the Nest going eco daily. Anyhow here are some pics
Been there haha, everything is dialed in great, go on vacation, whoops.
My whoops was in winter when it was -30C out though, the house goes into 14 degree mode, tank had a hard time staying warm :/ but everything pulled through, lucky my heaters didn't break and were sized just perfect, they were on full time.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the Oregon tort?0

Even the tort :-( pretty bummed but tank is nearly a yr old and kind of bare LPS and SPS wise so it's like a blank canvas. Need to tweak things and get everything in place. I've also learned a lot from you, Stylo, acqua so The second time will be the charm Coral wise.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the tort :-( pretty bummed but tank is nearly a yr old and kind of bare LPS and SPS wise so it's like a blank canvas. Need to tweak things and get everything in place. I've also learned a lot from you, Stylo, acqua so The second time will be the charm Coral wise.
And when mine are big enough I got frags for ya

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys? Well I hate to say it but ecotech has really let me down. Both Vectra L1 broke down one at a time. No reply from ecotech. My buddy is trying to get everything resolved. 9 months of service time between two L1 pumps? Anyhow I ordered a 8500 gph reeflo tiger shark external pump to handle the job of two Vectras and change. Had no choice but to buy a third Vectra as no one could get me the pump in time. Honestly I thought ecotech products would be more dependable. Prior to this I had to exchange a Radion amd replace the Vortech MP 60 power supply. Neptunes one link crapped out on me as well.

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys? Well I hate to say it but ecotech has really let me down. Both Vectra L1 broke down one at a time. No reply from ecotech. My buddy is trying to get everything resolved. 9 months of service time between two L1 pumps? Anyhow I ordered a 8500 gph reeflo tiger shark external pump to handle the job of two Vectras and change. Had no choice but to buy a third Vectra as no one could get me the pump in time. Honestly I thought ecotech products would be more dependable. Prior to this I had to exchange a Radion amd replace the Vortech MP 60 power supply. Neptunes one link crapped out on me as well.

What happened? Just stopped running or had some other problem?

Ian Eisenberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues. I am still running them on my water change station and chiller feed but at less than 50%.
Even the L1 wasn't strong enough for my tank.
Glad to see how the tank is coming along!

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues. I am still running them on my water change station and chiller feed but at less than 50%.

First my Closed loop stopped working. I didn't mind so much because of all the flow in my system. When the return one went out as well that's when I freaked. I had to buy a new one just to keep the system alive. Like I said no reply whatsoever. The M-F 9-5 timelines are impossible to meet if you work for the most part. If someone on an hourly rate could lose a days pay to resolve an issue with their equipment.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It was doing a ok job. I was going to add an additional return pump to get more flow through the sump. Thanks the fish are doing ok :) hopefully I can get everything stabilized and start over SPS wise soon

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bummer about the pumps.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing or do you have a CaRx?
He was dosing kalk and had a calcium reactor.

If I rember correctly when he restarts he just going to be usin a doser until the consumption is above 1dkh a day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back