75 gal Tank Build ... Feedback on Sump Plumbing

Grandma Moo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am not entirely new to reefing, but am new to building out a tank. Currently running a 29gal Biocube that I have modified. Got a used 75gal corner flo from my LFS last Christmas and have spent the year cleaning, re-chalking, purchased a sump and now ready to plumb.

I bought a Trigger Sapphire 34 and decided to go with 1" pvc for both drain and return. Will be using tubing from the pump to the pipe. Looking for comments on the dry fit before starting the glue process. This is a dry fit and not perfectly aligned at the moment. Thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Think I am mostly looking to confirm it should work.

IMG_2325 (002).jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this was an older post, so you've probably already glued and completed the pipes.

My only suggestion from what i could see would be to ensure you have at least a little downward slope in the horizontal run of your drain line. If not, air will get trapped in there.

OP
OP
G

Grandma Moo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this was an older post, so you've probably already glued and completed the pipes.

My only suggestion from what i could see would be to ensure you have at least a little downward slope in the horizontal run of your drain line. If not, air will get trapped in there.
Thank you for your input. I’ve glued up most of the plumbing, There is a slight angle but probably not as much as you suggest. We will just have to see and readjust as needed. I’ve been nervous about the plumbing and taking my time to minimize the risk of flooding my floors. Should be good and ready after the holidays though.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input. I’ve glued up most of the plumbing, There is a slight angle but probably not as much as you suggest. We will just have to see and readjust as needed. I’ve been nervous about the plumbing and taking my time to minimize the risk of flooding my floors. Should be good and ready after the holidays though.
You should be good even with a very slight incline/decline in the horizontal pipe run.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back