• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

75 Gallon African Cichlid Aquarium Complete w/Fish

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I realize that most people on this forum are probably in the saltwater hobby, but maybe you have freshwater fish too, or know somebody who might be interested. I am in the process of downsizing from my current 75 gallon African Cichlid tank and setting up my first saltwater tank which is 35 gallons.

So with that out of the way I am selling my current 75 gallon setup that I have. I started it about 15-20 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) and it has been running flawlessly ever since. It's been self sustaining and I have not bought any fish since I originally set it up. So below you will find the description. I am selling everything, aquarium and fish together. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

75 Gallon All Glass Aquarium. Includes everything shown. There is a self sustaining breeding colony of African Cichlids living in the aquarium. The fish are a Hybrid mix of Cynotilapia Afra and Demasoni. There are about 30 or so fish in the tank and it's a mix of males and females. They have been self sustaining for over 15 years and all of the fish are native to the tank. They are anywhere from full grown to fry.

The aquarium is an All Glass Aquarium and the stand is constructed from pine. There are 2 Eheim Canister filters, a Pro II 2026, and a Eheim 2227 Wet Dry. These filters are over 10 years old, but they are pretty much bullet proof and are still running strong.

The aquarium also includes a Hydor Inline Heater, LED light fixture, spare fluorescent fixture, glass tops, gravel and rocks.

The aquarium setup is pretty much plug and play. You won't have to go through all of the struggles involved with setting up a new aquarium that is not established, cycling, fish disease, unsightly alge blooms etc. This tank is already established so it's pretty much plug and play.

I am the original owner of the tank.

The entire setup is 48" x 19" x 54".

I am asking $400 and it would have to be someone likely locally to me as shipping is not really an option. I live in Coldwater, Mi.
20201209_180423.jpg
20201209_180440.jpg
20201209_180510.jpg
20201209_180722.jpg
20201209_222348.jpg
20201209_223917.jpg
20201209_223932.jpg
20201209_223936.jpg
20201209_224140.jpg

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price and awesome setup. You'd be surprised. Most of us are really "fish" people not just saltwater. Being that this is a sw forum and we view our reef tanks like a car guy would view his 56' Chevy SS..... its really what we like talking about and showing off the most.... our reefs. I have a couple planted tanks myself too though. If you lived closer I would love to give all your babies a forever home. We just got out if discus after many years and my wife's 250 is looking for some tenants. Goodluck with the sale. I know it's gotta be bittersweet parting with your little fish family after so long.
Will

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price and awesome setup. You'd be surprised. Most of us are really "fish" people not just saltwater. Being that this is a sw forum and we view our reef tanks like a car guy would view his 56' Chevy SS..... its really what we like talking about and showing off the most.... our reefs. I have a couple planted tanks myself too though. If you lived closer I would love to give all your babies a forever home. We just got out if discus after many years and my wife's 250 is looking for some tenants. Goodluck with the sale. I know it's gotta be bittersweet parting with your little fish family after so long.
Will
. Is am hoping to find someone who will keep all of the fish together. Sounds kinda silly but I didn't want to just take the fish to a lfs and sell or trade them in because they have all been together this whole time. In reality they probably dislike one another (lol).

I know they are just fish but I hope to find someone who has the passion I did when I originally set it up.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. Is am hoping to find someone who will keep all of the fish together. Sounds kinda silly but I didn't want to just take the fish to a lfs and sell or trade them in because they have all been together this whole time. In reality they probably dislike one another (lol).

I know they are just fish but I hope to find someone who has the passion I did when I originally set it up.

My wife and I are the same way. Its our pets and it just would feel weird breaking them up. I totally get it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back