My Long Distance 75 Gallon Build

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first true build, upgrading from a 20 gallon to a 75.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Current Equipment:
Fluval 407
Ai Hydra 32 and Ai Prime 16 (until I get a second hydra)
Nero 3 and a Koralia 1150

Stocking Plan:
2 clowns
Diamond goby
Longnose hawkfish
Yellow eye kole tang
2 Banggai cardinals
Coral beauty (Maybe)
Marine betta (Maybe)

Cycled the tank for 2 months no light. Can convert 1ppm ammonia to nitrate in 1 day.

Any advice on moving my current coral over? I'm confident I can just toss my current fish in. Not worried about my zoas but worried about how my lps corals will react with the tank being new.

Going to exchange 1/3 of the water biweekly or monthly depending on its first few tests.

Tank build photos:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

Hindsight 20/20 would have gone with a more porous rock for easier aquascaping but it turned out alright for my first time doing it the "BRS" way.

OP
OP
CocoReef

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while as I've been away for college (hoping I haven't neglected the tank too long). Hard to get good pictures as the person watching my tank doesn't know how to adjust the lights but there is definitely maintenance needed to be done when I get back. Added a nero 3 and jebao sdw to improve flow and get rid of the dead spots while I was home for winter break.

Tank parameters have been good judging I've only done one water change since the start of the tank and haven't had any coral losses, knock on wood.
Parameters as of 2/5:
Temp- 78
Salinity- 1.027
Nitrates- 0
Phosphates were way high when last tested- .09 ppm, I assume from my tank sitter overfeeding. No algae outbreaks from it yet, hopefully the corals use it before algae gets too bad.
Calcium- 420
Alk- 8
Mag- 1150

Trying to push a water change off until I get back so my tank sitter doesn't have to do it.
IMG_1751.jpg

Blastos, duncans, a mini-gonni, and a toadstool were added shortly after I left and have been doing well although the only decent pictures I have they are closed up from the goby kicking up sand.

IMG_3709.jpg

Toadstool is currently shedding but there is a part of receding tissue at the base I'm worried about.

IMG_9609.jpg

A falco hawkfish, banggai cardinal, and pearl goby were also added but the falco decided he didn't like his tank mates so he was returned to the LFS a few weeks later. Now there is only 2 clowns and the pearl goby in the tank apart from typical cuc.

Looking forward to giving the tank proper attention and care once I graduate this fall.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while as I've been away for college (hoping I haven't neglected the tank too long). Hard to get good pictures as the person watching my tank doesn't know how to adjust the lights but there is definitely maintenance needed to be done when I get back. Added a nero 3 and jebao sdw to improve flow and get rid of the dead spots while I was home for winter break.

Tank parameters have been good judging I've only done one water change since the start of the tank and haven't had any coral losses, knock on wood.
Parameters as of 2/5:
Temp- 78
Salinity- 1.027
Nitrates- 0
Phosphates were way high when last tested- .09 ppm, I assume from my tank sitter overfeeding. No algae outbreaks from it yet, hopefully the corals use it before algae gets too bad.
Calcium- 420
Alk- 8
Mag- 1150

Trying to push a water change off until I get back so my tank sitter doesn't have to do it.
IMG_1751.jpg

Blastos, duncans, a mini-gonni, and a toadstool were added shortly after I left and have been doing well although the only decent pictures I have they are closed up from the goby kicking up sand.

IMG_3709.jpg

Toadstool is currently shedding but there is a part of receding tissue at the base I'm worried about.

IMG_9609.jpg

A falco hawkfish, banggai cardinal, and pearl goby were also added but the falco decided he didn't like his tank mates so he was returned to the LFS a few weeks later. Now there is only 2 clowns and the pearl goby in the tank apart from typical cuc.

Looking forward to giving the tank proper attention and care once I graduate this fall.
Tank still looks like it's doing well!!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back