75 Gallon help...

anew2thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!,

I have a few questions for big DIY guys.. I recently bought a 75 gallon Aqueon tank (petco sale) and I would love to drill it. I have drilled three tanks previously with pretty good success. Now the questions I have are....and maybe some of y'all can help me out.. Stand, Overflow and Sump... Lets first start with the stand, should I cut the the wood 2x4 or 2x6...? also about how high should go? As per the overflow I'm thinking adding a eshopps type S over flow in the center of the tank... (as I would like to add two maxspect gyre's 330 on each side the tank... And adding two return lines to the tank with two (RFG's).. As you guys can tell I want some serious movement...! lol. Last but not least is I would like to know about your opinions about the sump... I do have a 10 gallon tank just laying around and I would love to make it the sump for the tank.. Would guys recommend it? As I'm doing the measurements the pump would fit..

Equipment I'm going to be using

2 ai prime led's
Reef Octopus Essence 130
4 inch sump sock
Pump jecod 7000 with one return line. (with two return lines jecod 9000)
2 gyre's 330 if I add the overflow in the center... if not one gyre only as I would add the overflow to one side of the tank..

Thanks Guys,
@

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, that tank can likely not be drilled. I ran into this myself with the aqueon 75, they claim the back isnt tempered but I checked 5 tanks and all of them were. If you try to drill it the back glass will shatter. Ended up buying the reef ready version instead. Please before drilling or doing anything check that the glass isnt tempered. A laptop and sunglasses can be used to check your tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back