75 gallon stocking ideas?

Aunyua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about getting a 75g tank to start a soft coral reef tank with mixed fish species.
I’m interested in ocellaris clowns, blue reef chromis, firefish, diamond gobies/yellow watchman gobies, chalk bass/royal gramma, bangaii cardinals, orchid dottybacks, and a coral beauty. Which of these/how many can I put in without overstocking? I’d like to start with a pair of clowns and a coral beauty would be the last.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only one I don't like in that list is the dottyback as they are very territorial fish.

Regardless, you can put all of those in the tank so long as they each have a place where they can get away from each other, sleep, and hide if they need to do so.

Also much of this depends on your filter setup. I don't do water changes (except when cleaning the sump or a few parts of my sand bed if they need it) on my 75g and I use carbon, socks, and a refugium with an ai prime (I like the broad spectrum that I can customize depending on the type of macroalgae I am growing). I also use purigen but I can't say it does anything useful as nothing changed in my tank when I added it. I average 12ppm nitrate and 0.05 phosphate. I have a diamond goby, two clarkii clowns, a tomini tang, a melanarus wrasse, a marine betta, a starry blenny, and a ternate lemon damsel all fed heavily.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting the aquarium is a great time to get a copperband. Makes sure you see him eat at LFS before bringing home.

4CB3A25F-98B7-4C36-8F33-D38ECAFFFC39.jpeg
CE746E37-F429-4AFE-A548-2B9A185B3F3B.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back