80/20 quick frame/ EZ tube for nano stand?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I find my self setting up another tank a nano 18.5 gallon peninsula tank.

thinking about a quality stand wondering what is everyone thoughts on the quick frame ( not T slots ) or the EZ tube -same stuff really for a stand for a nano by my couch. dems would be 24lx 15wx 24-30h

I have a 40br on the petco steel stand for quite some time as a QT temp tank so I am thinking this would work for a nano of this size.
thoughts?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater is roughly 8.5lbs per gallon. Do the math of the weight of saltwater, tank, etc....and see if you are comfortable with the frame holding the calculated weight

My quick math puts just the saltwater at roughly 155-160lbs

So all in all you'll prob end up around 225lbs.

You comfortable with a slightly obese guy at 225lbs laying across your frame? Lol

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ez tube is great tank material. Easy to work with I used it for my water changing station in the garage. Will work fine for your use.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater is roughly 8.5lbs per gallon. Do the math of the weight of saltwater, tank, etc....and see if you are comfortable with the frame holding the calculated weight

My quick math puts just the saltwater at roughly 155-160lbs

So all in all you'll prob end up around 225lbs.

You comfortable with a slightly obese guy at 225lbs laying across your frame? Lol

yeah I did do the math. I have seen tanks much bigger on the stuff. over in europe ppl use it alot for stands not so much here. chances are it's better then the MDF stand you can get at the box stores. just not sure about it tho. that 's why I ask. :D

the nano is the 2nd tank in the living room so looking for something nice modern and will last that will not break the bank. so T slot is out.

I can DIY but have a ton of projects going on so not sure i want to venture there. but might.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB264F69-F04C-4729-8908-650475E4BB22.jpeg

You can see the ez tube
This is its current configuration. What nice about the stuff as that you can take it apart and reuse it. Over the next year I will be changing one side of my garage into a fish room. I am retired now so the work car can move out and more aquariums can move in.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is its current configuration. What nice about the stuff as that you can take it apart and reuse it.
the plastic connectors has me concerned about stability. I see you have a TON of weight on it, how do they fasten?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You use a plastic dead blow hammer. And you hammer them together. The inside of the tubing has grooves that holds the plastic connectors in place. It’s a very solid connection.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB264F69-F04C-4729-8908-650475E4BB22.jpeg

You can see the ez tube
This is its current configuration. What nice about the stuff as that you can take it apart and reuse it. Over the next year I will be changing one side of my garage into a fish room. I am retired now so the work car can move out and more aquariums can move in.

Very nice mixing station! I have been thinking of using the stuff for years now. What size of water containers are those?
This give me hope for sure!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back