80/20 T-Slot Stand Gen. Questions

ReefEsq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinking of upgrading my stand to an 80/20 T-Slot one. I've tried researching how to design one and the premise of the design, but haven't found much info/guidance by reefers. If there are any threads out there that discuss the process of designing and procuring the materials, feel free to yell at me for not finding them and link them below. If you've built one, and can share some resources for learning how to design one, I'd love to hear from you. Alternatively, if you're feeling kind and want to answer some questions, see those below. Thanks!

1. What material did you buy? I understand there are some different designs and densities.

2. The tank I'd be putting on it is an IM 50 EXT (30x24), but the sump is an Emerald 34, so 34 inches long. Should I (read: do I need to) have additional supports going front to back?

3. What tools did you need for the aluminum that you wouldn't have needed building a wooden stand? I imagine I'll need a specific circular saw blade.

4. Primary reason I'm considering this upgrade is that I live at home while I finish up law school, but I'm in my third year and will likely be leaving the nest in 2020. I want something that I can take apart and put together at my new place. Is that generally feasible with t-slot designs?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back