ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking your siporax?

I've had them in there since day 1 and it seems like I haven't had a cycle, I mean I used microbactr7, but NO3 and Ammonia are still untraceable. Seems weird but I attribute it to the siporax. And I actually bought them used from my coral farmers tank, that's why the basket has coralline algae on it

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hand is on the Sump for size reference. It's a huge Sump. It's like 3 ft by 16" by 18".
0e06731251ca3493722ab501b4ffa310.jpg

It was about $150.00 less than the Sump I was looking at. You could always visit his FB page or give him a call. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I love talking and taking pics of my Sump! It was the centerpiece that I themed my build around.

That’s the exact size of my new 40b display tank lol

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to sacrifice my alveopora from my 14 gallon, and put it in the 80, it's been in for 3 days and appears to be doing well. Keep in mind this color is not my final bulb combo. I'm really only running blue + right now. I think there is one purple + too.
eac2a8a377b2e7e84c29a21a4311135d.jpg

Carlo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I need a blue basket for my rings lol
lol go to family dollar for that one. looking nice man, really clean. hows that skimmer working for you btw? i was debating between that and my aquamaxx coneS co1. went with the aquamaxx cause of all the positive feedback on it. the eshopps was too new to take a risk but I'm curious.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol go to family dollar for that one. looking nice man, really clean. hows that skimmer working for you btw? i was debating between that and my aquamaxx coneS co1. went with the aquamaxx cause of all the positive feedback on it. the eshopps was too new to take a risk but I'm curious.

For sure! The dollar store has the hookup on different baskets lol. I don't have too much to compare it to, I've only ever had one other skimmer and that's my Reef Octopus BH50, I fell in love with this skimmer honestly bc of the color scheme, but holy cow! Its a great skimmer IMO, it's been skimming since I put it in, it's easily adjusted for dry/wet skimming. I like a real dry skim and the stuff it's pulling out is like mud! It's so quiet I've never even heard it make a noise.

iLLwiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you've made a lot of progress. It's looking great!

Your build thread is making me feel like I should start one of my own for the shallow 80 + shallow 30 side by side upgrade I'm about halfway finished with.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you've made a lot of progress. It's looking great!
thank you! It's been a slow build but it's paid off.

Beautiful tank, love the setup! Following along, love shallow tanks and most of all tanks with t5s haha
Thanks! My first T5s so I'm glad to hear you love them!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such an awesome build!!!
oh man! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!

Really liking the sump area. It is so well thought out and designed. Following.
SWEEET! Thanks a lot for the follow and the nice words! The Sump area is def my fav so far, blue and white is such a good combo! I got lucky hunting down the MR1 Shorty reactors, and the eshopps premier line skimmer was a no brainer!

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReeferMadness80G isn't kinda sad and funny (both at the same time) that we get excited over an area that's under the DT and besides us no one would even get to see or care? My wife or all my friends/family could care less about my sump area but I know how much I care. I have learned to face the fact that we are geeks. :D:cool:

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReeferMadness80G isn't kinda sad and funny (both at the same time) that we get excited over an area that's under the DT and besides us no one would even get to see or care? My wife or all my friends/family could care less about my sump area but I know how much I care. I have learned to face the fact that we are geeks. :D:cool:

Hahaha so true! My wife won't let me even run the tank with the door off bc of the noise in the Sump area! So really the only time it's off is when I take pics for you guys to see. [emoji23] I've put the majority of my work into the Sump area and you're very right, no one really ever sees it, the only people that do don't even care about it, they're just like "yeah that's cool, look at the nemo fish! Do you have a dory!?" #reeferproblems

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back