80ish gallon custom AIO build

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm transferring the 40breeder to a custom AIO build starting this week as the tank should be done any day now total tank with AIO is 48x30x14

equipment
2 xr15 g5 pro lights planned on using the aquatic life hanging system and the rms rail with sliders 12 inchs off the water
1mp40 and maybe my jebao ow20 if I need flow on the other side
aquamax ws1 in sump skimmer
tunze refugium light on a 16/8 or 18/6 photo
24 watt uv sterlizer green killing machine
duetto ato

80lb fresh special grade aragalive going to rinse it in tank several times over if i don't use my bathtub
50lb live rock from the established tank
35lb aquamaxx that I've been curing for few weeks with 5lb from the display and some XLM bacteria I had hanging around

livestock transferring
2 regular clowns
3 chromis
longnose hawk
algae blenny
firefish
diamond goby
yellow watchmen
spotted mandarin
banggai cardinal
CUC

adding in
kole or tomini tang maybe
purple tang maybe
bluejaw trigger
3/1 lyretail group
considering a pair of wyoming clowns
mccosker wrasse
carpenter or other fairy wrasse
yellow wrasse

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

That sounds like a big AIO,. Waiting for the pics. I like the list except the Kole and Purple, personally. Just not enough length for them to swim. The flame tang/ tomini for sure. I like the anthias, just keep up the feedings.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm transferring the 40breeder to a custom AIO build starting this week as the tank should be done any day now total tank with AIO is 48x30x14

equipment
2 xr15 g5 pro lights planned on using the aquatic life hanging system and the rms rail with sliders 12 inchs off the water
1mp40 and maybe my jebao ow20 if I need flow on the other side
aquamax ws1 in sump skimmer
tunze refugium light on a 16/8 or 18/6 photo
24 watt uv sterlizer green killing machine
duetto ato

80lb fresh special grade aragalive going to rinse it in tank several times over if i don't use my bathtub
50lb live rock from the established tank
35lb aquamaxx that I've been curing for few weeks with 5lb from the display and some XLM bacteria I had hanging around

livestock transferring
2 regular clowns
3 chromis
longnose hawk
algae blenny
firefish
diamond goby
yellow watchmen
spotted mandarin
banggai cardinal
CUC

adding in
kole or tomini tang maybe
purple tang maybe
bluejaw trigger
3/1 lyretail group
considering a pair of wyoming clowns
mccosker wrasse
carpenter or other fairy wrasse
yellow wrasse
Sounds cool, can wait to see the pics.

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Delivered today

leveled and fought with my tiles for a bit now just rinsing the sand for the night and throwing the rodi pump in before bed

IMG_20200329_140701.jpg IMG_20200329_222720.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love those dimensions... it’s 14” high, right? So about 12” of water taking into account the overflow? Who built it for you?

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend the tank builder so I won't name drop him. Communication was shoddy and the tank had several scratches on one side. No dimensions were given on the AIO section and when I emailed about how I wanted it set up he never confirmed measurements with me so I pretty much have to Jerry rig the refugium portion with egg crate so I can still use a sand bed in there with a skimmer. The tanks thick and it will hold up I'd assume but it's rough to say the least in my opinion

tippin.turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm..... Well you may not want to "name drop" but others will get burned too. Give credit where credit is due. Would like to see some close ups of the tank and maybe a description of the flaws you see.

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm..... Well you may not want to "name drop" but others will get burned too. Give credit where credit is due. Would like to see some close ups of the tank and maybe a description of the flaws you see.
Thats true everything it still settling I'll go ahead and polish the water then take some pictures tomrrow

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a great size! What is the aquascape plan?
I scaped it today little too much Rock but I hate wasting rock. I filled the back wall two rocks high with some room for sps and made a little tidal pool area which I may adjust or move and placed a few scattered rocks around. It looks kind clumsy in some areas will reassess tomorrow and get pictures

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiousity, why did you go all in one? That stand looks like it's screaming for a sump! Could always drain it, cut out the AIO section, and drill it ;Happy

How far in does the back wall/fuge/overflow come in?

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiousity, why did you go all in one? That stand looks like it's screaming for a sump! Could always drain it, cut out the AIO section, and drill it ;Happy

How far in does the back wall/fuge/overflow come in?
Just didn't want to manage the sump I have to use tank sitters with my health and explaining an AIO is much easier I think. It's only 5.5 inches deep it spans across the whole tank refugium being about 30 inchs maybe longer

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scaped it today little too much Rock but I hate wasting rock. I filled the back wall two rocks high with some room for sps and made a little tidal pool area which I may adjust or move and placed a few scattered rocks around. It looks kind clumsy in some areas will reassess tomorrow and get pictures

Progress pics are a great way to tell if you like the before or the after better! We wanna see!

OP
OP
C

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to get more pictures later was Jerry rigged the skimmer today and had to redo the AIO section return pump. Lost the diamond goby before I made the lid today as well unfortunately

IMG_20200401_185238_01.jpg

Back