IHave0LifeExperience

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
opinions you dont agree with and think are crap, because nothing is better then destroying your reputation on a large forum after joining 3 days ago!
(no hate to anyone who disagrees with any of these, except for the last one)

1: SPS coral is ugly
what can i say man, its just ugly and lifeless. might as well get colored stone (except monti caps)

2: mandarinfish are ugly
it looks fake, like a painted statue or a seafood resteraunts ceo
it just doesnt look natural to me (they have nicely colored fins though)

3: you do not need a 145 gallon tank for a clownfish
honestly most of the fish that are recomended for 30-40 gallons as opposed to a 20 or even a little 10 arent gonna use even half of that space

4: you dont need a virtual sun to grow mushroom coral
believe it or not, this will kill your coral

5: keeping a fish thats "hard" or "rare" doesnt make your tank pretty or "better" then someone elses
moorish idols only look good with few lps coral or only rock

6: its not "cool" or "cute" to name a clownfish "nemo" or marlin
either find a clownfish with 1 smaller fin or actually get a single microbe of creativity

7: a lot of designer clownfish are kinda weird lookin
i mean i like picassos i guess, and the black ocellaris are cool but this all just looks weird

8: bright colors on a dark base is prettier then blindingly bright yellow tangs (in most cases)
i would like an entirely seperate tank from my planned 32 flex reef (my first reef) just so i can have some blue velvet damselfish (they are jerks, like all damselfish)

and perhaps the most controversial one of the whole list...
9: you should actually help people with what happened instead of saying "urr dont impulse buy dont you know what a research is????!?!?" because by saying that your only adding extra stress to a structure that wasnt very stable in the first place, dont be a pain, instead help people out

Last edited by a moderator:

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your weird designer clownfish opinion and I raise to you: my weird designer clownfish. I like them because they look like cows lol and they're adorable when they wiggle around the tank

20220612_154047.jpg

20220616_193001.jpg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your weird designer clownfish opinion and I raise to you: my weird designer clownfish. I like them because they look like cows lol and they're adorable when they wiggle around the tank

20220612_154047.jpg

20220616_193001.jpg
They do look like cows.

Someone please get some of these and do a GSP meadow tank!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
opinions you dont agree with and think are crap, because nothing is better then destroying your reputation on a large forum after joining 3 days ago!

what can i say man, its just ugly and lifeless. might as well get colored stone (except monti caps)

honestly most of the fish that are recomended for 30-40 gallons as opposed to a 20 or even a little 10 arent gonna use even half of that space

5: keeping a fish thats "hard" or "rare" doesnt make your tank pretty or "better" then someone elses

either find a clownfish with 1 smaller fin or actually get a single microbe of creativity

i mean i like picassos i guess, and the black ocellaris are cool but this all just looks weird

8: bright colors on a dark base is prettier then blindingly bright yellow tangs (in most cases)
i would like an entirely seperate tank from my planned 32 flex reef (my first reef) just so i can have some blue velvet damselfish (they are jerks, like all damselfish)

9: you should actually help people with what happened instead of saying "urr dont impulse buy dont you know what a research is????!?!?" because by saying that your only adding extra stress to a structure that wasnt very stable in the first place, dont be a b-tch, instead help people out
And this is why everyone gets there own opinion

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you should you some of the giant clownfish out there. Some of them (though very uncommon in the hobby) are MASSIVE. My dream tank would be filled with these haha

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been so well received when asking for advice and I ask a lot of dumb questions. My clownfishs names are Nemo and Elsa, 3 yr old named them so not really much of a choice. Lol
We have a cat named Donatello guess who named him lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9: you should actually help people with what happened instead of saying "urr dont impulse buy dont you know what a research is????!?!?" because by saying that your only adding extra stress to a structure that wasnt very stable in the first place, dont be a pain, instead help people out

Actually - saying 'Don't impulse buy' is actually valuable advise. IMHO - so is 'Do research before starting a tank'. Though I agree with you that if someone says 'help my octopus in my 1 week old tank is dying' - these would not be the first things to say.

In my experience - it's rare that either of these 2 things are the first things mentioned when someone asks for help.

But - after a fish has died - or before buying a fish/coral/anemone/etc etc etc - those 2 pieces of advice are probably the most helpful besides be somewhat patient that a new reefer can get as well as offering sympathy for whatever happened. I.e. Next time, there are plenty of places to do research on this site and off, etc etc.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If u don’t have a fluval evo 13.5 w a pair of clowns, a goby, snails w hermits as a cuc, cleaner shrimp w some gsp, xenia and a mushroom before the cycle, posted on Instagram w tons of selfies, that starts to grow all types of algae which u try to fix by dosing the entire tank w quick fix products that don’t work only to make things worse and ask for help before doing the research then u aint reefin like a millennial bruh, just sayin :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some replies where people say the creature was added too soon to an already stressed tank but it's usually followed up with what the person needs to do to help correct the situation. I think people need to know what they have possibly done wrong so they don't make the same mistake in future. It's how we learn so I see nothing wrong with saying that bit it should be followed with what needs to be done to fix the situation.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welp…you’re right…large forum reputation destroyed after 3 days

Seriously though, that’s the great thing is everyone is allowed differing opinions, but I do agree with the last one, there are certain members, both before and after some helpful posts have been posted, that just post do your own research or don’t impulse buy or similar. While there is plenty of available opinions on a google search, there’s nothing like asking and getting current opinions from people who actually have experience

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this. I kinda wish every forum member, new and old, would create their list of unpopular opinions and it gets added to their bio.

Maybe "unpopular" opinions would become pupular.

Something else that's pretty cool is that opinions change. Much of what I disliked in the beginning are what I most love now (SPS) and vice versa. It's fun to change your mind about stuff.

Unless it's designer clownfish, lol. I agree with @IHave0LifeExperience on that one. They were just fine to begin with.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back