OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity I'm also a do yourself guy but even doing it yourself that looks very expensive how much my money you got invested in that? If you don't mind me asking ?
I have no issues breaking down details mind explaining what exactly you thought was very expensive. I really tried to do everything on a budget. Only thing a little extra would be The stone not needed but was needed for my mom to be satisfied with a box of water in the wall lollll

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job, I love tanks built into the wall, just looks amazing!

ivanthereefnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issues breaking down details mind explaining what exactly you thought was very expensive. I really tried to do everything on a budget. Only thing a little extra would be The stone not needed but was needed for my mom to be satisfied with a box of water in the wall lollll
Oh yeah I ment like the whole remodel and the tank and skimmers . Maybe the right question would be how much have you put into all that ****** set up. Lol

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I ment like the whole remodel and the tank and skimmers . Maybe the right question would be how much have you put into all that ****** set up. Lol
Soon as I get to a computer I’ll try and get a break down done

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water station plumbed easy water changes now will definitely be using a dos for automatic water changes too

4B694336-B352-419D-AFE1-87809B70D7D4.jpeg

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

my brother is doing all the labour some supplies he had left over some he didn't.
Tank I got for free from lfs randomly other wise my 90g would have most likely gone in the wall. Break down into rubber maid then move over mentally sounds easy but even with a second tank, it took me forever can't imagine doing it in one day without having some regrets.
skimmer using from the old tank

Return pump 100$
Rock sand epoxy 300$
bulkheads PVC 200$+
44 gall drum 50$
Faux stone 300$

wood and supplies for the wall frame/tank/water station rodi fittings around 250$ including spackle etc..

Think that most of it. Forgetting some and will probably be adding some.. don't know if I have enough rock for my liking may have to order some more.

other than that I think I'm almost done lol hopefully

Polyp_Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.... following along love the look of the stone wall. Can’t wait to see this up and running

kipju44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build! Looping really good, and bringing me on ideas[emoji6] keep up the good work and pics!

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build! Looping really good, and bringing me on ideas[emoji6] keep up the good work and pics!
Looking great.... following along love the look of the stone wall. Can’t wait to see this up and running
Thank you hopefully be up and running soon slacked on a water change on the rock curing and still havent added a marine pure too seed em from my 90 atm

shub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow great job love the build progress

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow great job love the build progress
Thank you ;)

going to let rock cure for another 2 weeks or so.. if i use cement may let it cure for another week after scaping
probably be filled by end of September

shub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool can’t wait to see the progress

HellaPhyto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanging in there for this one. Totally curious how you tie the trim in to the rock on the wall. I figure you could always do a custom wood molding that ties into the wood crown molding.

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanging in there for this one. Totally curious how you tie the trim in to the rock on the wall. I figure you could always do a custom wood molding that ties into the wood crown molding.
I’m a little confused by what you mean. Do you mean where the rock meets the molding?

HellaPhyto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused by what you mean. Do you mean where the rock meets the molding?
Yes, I was thinking you would trim out the rock on the wall itself and then it would mask the tank inside. Plus it would give you a bit of a ledge which could look pretty fresh. When I get off I'll try to do a photoshop of your image to show you what I mean.

OP
OP
LowLi

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was thinking you would trim out the rock on the wall itself and then it would mask the tank inside. Plus it would give you a bit of a ledge which could look pretty fresh. When I get off I'll try to do a photoshop of your image to show you what I mean.
I’ll post a pic of the full wall in a bit I kind of overlapped the rock

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back