OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a small yellow tang and pygmy yellow fin angelfish yesterday. Local reefer was breaking down his setup and seemed like a good chance to add some bioload since my nutrients started to bottom out with all the corals that have been added over time. They are hiding but have caught them hanging around the beta when trying to get a sneak view, lol. Now it's just an anteneta lion and the tank will be fish found together (snowflake subtituting a whitemouth due to compatibility) and the tang was for some movement.

No lie, I think the snowflake is scared of the angel, lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200210_173309.jpg

They dont hide anymore, if you walk by they jet away but come right back out.
Some zoas are closed up, doesnt seem pike they getting nipped so unsure why the retraction.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna pick up some grass shrimp tommorow to get him a little comfortable. All thats left now is a brittle star, a bta and just some equiptment upgrades!

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took about of week, but the radiata finally gave in into frozen. Was buying live shrimp every other day until getting the same silvers the old owner used to feed. Its interesting how the source of the food makes a difference in if it will get accepted or ignored.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radiata stopped taking food, even live and passed. The angel was nipping and pushing the lion it and had to remove it from the tank. I thought that was part of the problem but the lion still refused to eat. Very sad to see this happen.

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw man I’m so sorry to hear about the lion he was beautiful and I know you’ve been wanting one for a while. Always a shame to lose a fish but it happens, I hope everyone else is doing well.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if the angel stressed it out too much or if it was something else. It went on for a while but thought he would stop bullying, ended up getting worse till i got him out.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a bigger sump, and gonna try to see if mollies or shrimp reproduce in it. Alot of down time, so picked up some old tanks and will be putting it together in the next few days!

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a bunch of baby trochus snails in the sump, was wondering why these never appeared in the main tank, assuming the comet has been eating em. Cool to see, might keep some and tradr away the others once they get bigger!
20200722_225415.jpg

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a blotch on its cheak, and didn't eat at the lfs, but figured it was worth the effort setting up a hospital tank for the discount . His color is good, eyes clear, very good reaction to live food now. Will eat dead after 3 weeks of trying lol. Hoping this lil guy doesn't have same fate as last 1. No angel anymore so only stress he can really get is bad water quality, and that shouldn't be so much an issue.
20200924_131503.jpg
20200924_131047.jpg

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The appetite on this lionfish one is miles different from the first one I tried. He even eats off the stick very willingly! I'm still doing live feedings mixed between the frozen, really having problems getting shrimp and been using a few rosies, even though they aren't recommended long term, its better than goldfish.
I'm going to start researching mollie breeding and try to set up the sump to meet the right conditions. I got coralline growing in the sump and still have snails breeding so I'm doing something right, lol.

Got my quarantine tank full of macros, a chalice and gorgon for over a week. Gorgon moved to tank, chalice will stay in it for a lil longer.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally added some bubbletips anemones!
Took a while for someone on the forums to sell off thier splits, but now theres two little rainbow btas and they have been staying in the same area for a couple days, hopefully it stays like that as this area was intended for them, lol!

Radiata is doing great, there is a lil competition between it and the snowflake when feeding, but its only at the start.

Tank is coming close to finishing stocking, it just need some kind of active swimmer but haven't really decided on what. Pretty limited on what can go in and a lot of wrasses I like are too small.
As for corals, there's a few colors in zoas I'm lacking and might start actively looking for them, along with some more lps and MAYBE a haitian condi nem. I miss the one original one and just gotta figure out a spot for it before asking lfs.
20201128_141646.jpg
20201128_141707.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish stocking is now complete! Harlequin tuskfish and bristletooth tang from a tank breakdown. Been looking to add a tusk for a while as my first one didnt even make it through qt observation. But since this one came from a mature tank, i just acclimated and threw them in on monday. The tang wasnt planned for but the owner wasnt able to find a buyer for it, so I took it too. Tank needs cleaning plus old phone = bad pic, but you can see them peaking out.
20201211_184327.jpg

Cray fish stuff is in, just a matter of setting it up and starting the cycle soon!

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow BTAs have put on some size, one has split. Torch died, think the nems were stinging it. Since the torch is now gone, I'm going to make the left side of the tank dedicated for nems and picked up a bunch of Rose BTAs. They are as small as the rainbows when I first got them, but so far they have been staying in the same spots and open up, will be a nice color contrast once they get bigger!

Also picked up some gorgonians, they are open and look healthy, but I'm not sure where I want their final location to be. All the fish are good, enjoying them very much and the lion lost his its blotch on the cheek a while ago.

Other than a lil cyano popping up, the comet got its cave stolen recently, so I need to build it a new cave somewhere.

20210311_225108.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back