90 gallon set up. Should I go triton?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I will be setting up a 90 gal system plus sump. At this size system how long approx. would the triton method. Per order last. I’m trying to find out cost vs water changes or other methods of dosing. Anyone with similar size setups your insight would be most helpful.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to vary a lot of what you're going to put in the tank. Alk & Ca consumption can vary. I highly recommend patience with the Triton Method because it doesn't happen over night. Also, keep in mind that you'll have to spend money on elements and ICP tests if you want to do it right. I'm doing the Triton method right now on a 225g and have been doing regular water changes since Feb (when tank was setup) just to make sure tank is stable. I would venture to guess I'll prob stop water changes by month 12 now that things have started to normalize.

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to vary a lot of what you're going to put in the tank. Alk & Ca consumption can vary. I highly recommend patience with the Triton Method because it doesn't happen over night. Also, keep in mind that you'll have to spend money on elements and ICP tests if you want to do it right. I'm doing the Triton method right now on a 225g and have been doing regular water changes since Feb (when tank was setup) just to make sure tank is stable. I would venture to guess I'll prob stop water changes by month 12 now that things have started to normalize.
Well I will say, I’m not gonna do sps I want to focus on zoas and lps. Especially things like acans. But with prices of coral right now. It’ll be a slow build up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back