90 Gallon shallow reef

Giancarlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Here are a few pics of my new reef tank, it is roughly 2 months old, most pieces are all new frags except for the bigger colonies are from my previous tank.

DSC_1227.jpg
DSC_1286.jpg

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really awesome dimensions! it's refreshing to see something different than the typical 2 feet or deeper tanks.

reefingsaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys

HAHA yeah mos def! i just bought a buch of frags, i kinda enjoy watching them grow instead of just buying big colonies.

I'm like that too. I buy a bunch of frags and glue them in and just wait. Did you make the tank yourself? I'm interested in doing shallow tanks but never really got into it yet since my 125 is not fill with frags yet. I'm tired of sticking my hands into suck deep water tanks.

OP
OP
G

Giancarlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm like that too. I buy a bunch of frags and glue them in and just wait. Did you make the tank yourself? I'm interested in doing shallow tanks but never really got into it yet since my 125 is not fill with frags yet. I'm tired of sticking my hands into suck deep water tanks.

No i didnt make it, i got lucky at the time there was a reefer on my local forum who had it up for sale. Although i was considering the idea untill i seen this tank.

Dowtish - I agree, although originally i was thinking of setting this tank up for reptiles, but decided to upgrade my saltwater instead... I stand by my choice haha.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the shallow tank. Now you can enjoy side and top view easily. Clams always look cool from the top.

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful tank!! The dimensions really give you a lot to work with there. It's going to look really good once things grow in, etc.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got a long spine urchin? Watch out besides eating all the coraline in my tank, mine poked me in my knuckle and I had to have it surgically removed and a month of rehab. They do eat tons of algae. Just keep an eye out when your hands are in the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back