911 yellow tang laying on bottom

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do notice one eye is looking cloudy. I just took a viedo and I tried to show the other eye:

This is just my opinion so take it as you'd like but another day of that and I would consider euthanization. At this point it seems like alot of suffering, if its still not taking food its slowly starving to death and ending its misery may be for the best. I know its hard I keep livestock (farm livestock not talking aquariums) and ive had to put alot of animals down over the years it never gets any easier but all that should matter is the animals suffering coming to an end. If theres no signs of improvement by tomorrow I would put it down for the sake of the fish.

Edit: I again stress the no signs of improvement. I'm no marine fish expert, if its showing ANY sign of improvment disregard what I said.

Last edited:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been getting better. The eye could be a result of laying on that side. If he starts swimming again soon the eye can heal. Consider blending fish food turning off the flow for a minute and feed through a small tipped syringe or pipette

OP
OP
Bfragale

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update everyone.

Day 6- this little guy is still hanging on. He’s doing better but still not 100%.

he has been in MB since Saturday, as well as I’ve been pumping oxygen into the tank since Monday.

he can now swim and stay mostly upright. He’s not 100% but still doing much better.

Here’s a viedo from a few min ago:

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Day 6- this little guy is still hanging on. He’s doing better but still not 100%.

he has been in MB since Saturday, as well as I’ve been pumping oxygen into the tank since Monday.

he can now swim and stay mostly upright. He’s not 100% but still doing much better.

This literally made my day to see him doing better and swimming around. Good job taking care of him bro

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your a legend

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your a legend
bones.jpg

OP
OP
Bfragale

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Unfortunately I found him dead Sunday (yesterday) morning.

he was looking great up until Saturday night- . Came in Sunday morning and he was on the bottom. Idk.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Unfortunately I found him dead Sunday (yesterday) morning.

he was looking great up until Saturday night- . Came in Sunday morning and he was on the bottom. Idk.
I’m really sorry, I wish there were wasier ways to figure out exactly what is wrong with sick fish

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back