93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't jump the gun! LoL!

We are going to look into it.

If we get the dungeon one it'll be months to fix it.

If we start from scratch at least a year.
A dungeon LFS sounds awesome haha good luck with it no matter which one you choose! If you love what you do then you will never work a day in your life :p

image.png

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dungeon LFS sounds awesome haha good luck with it no matter which one you choose! If you love what you do then you will never work a day in your life :p

image.png

That's awesome!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the cloudiness and dirty room. I really made a mess getting this thing back up and running. And, yes, I forgot to hang the %^&* light again! What in the heck is wrong with me?!

new_scape_front.jpg Front
new_scape_left.jpg Left
new_scape_right.jpg Right

Well, just now is the first chance I've had to check things out on my computer instead of my phone. This may have been the biggest mistake I've made in a while. I mean, I wanted to give a good look to the scaping that was done and BOOM! KAPOW! OMG! it happened! I was scared and scarred by the reflection I saw in the tank! All I can say is, I am overjoyed by the fact the scape appeared where it is or else I'm sure I would need a few more years of therapy!

THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Printed up some matching blue brackets to hold an aluminum channel in the floating canopy. Then I attached the Noopsyche K7 Pro II to it.

This is on the AB+ but I want a little less windex blue and will be adjusting that channel.

IMG_20190218_200409.jpg

IMG_20190218_200412.jpg

IMG_20190218_201708.jpg

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Only new here so only just got thru all this amazing thread!
can i ask what might be a stupid question - you drilled your tank for the overflow but didnt for the return and instead used a pipe over the rim - what was the reason for that? does the over pipe have something to do with anti siphon incase of pump failure or something?

any pics of the finished stand / control panel / outlet panel
cheers

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We held the diffuser up and it took 90% of the shimmer away but, it also took away about 90% of the shadowing as well. I think I have a plan to get some shimmer but also remove the shadowing.

Now that you hung the fixture, Tim is free to wave a UV flashlight really fast over the tank. Just a thought.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Only new here so only just got thru all this amazing thread!
can i ask what might be a stupid question - you drilled your tank for the overflow but didnt for the return and instead used a pipe over the rim - what was the reason for that? does the over pipe have something to do with anti siphon incase of pump failure or something?

any pics of the finished stand / control panel / outlet panel
cheers

Welcome aboard!

Yes, I don't really like drilled returns. Just a safety issue if you aske me. Plus, this way, If I decide to change it up, I can cut the pvc and redirect it or add to it.

I will take pics of the control board and stand tonight. Just remind me if I don't post them by about 9. I am a little forgetful. :)

I am working on getting a decent looking ATO reservoir from my boy Will @fijicube.com so please don't judge the bucket!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you hung the fixture, Tim is free to wave a UV flashlight really fast over the tank. Just a thought.

Ya know, if he wasn't 6'1" and 250, I would probably suggest it and claim you told me he had to. ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

Yes, I don't really like drilled returns. Just a safety issue if you aske me. Plus, this way, If I decide to change it up, I can cut the pvc and redirect it or add to it.

I will take pics of the control board and stand tonight. Just remind me if I don't post them by about 9. I am a little forgetful. :)

I am working on getting a decent looking ATO reservoir from my boy Will @fijicube.com so please don't judge the bucket!
Thanks so much for the reply, ive been trying to read up but that part escaped me - safety issue as in the glass cutting part?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the reply, ive been trying to read up but that part escaped me - safety issue as in the glass cutting part?

No you had it right before. Siphon issue. If you look at the pic of the light, you can see the return has a little hole in it. The prevents a lot of water siphoning to the sump in a power failure. I tested this multiple times and there is plenty of room in the sump if the pump fails or power goes out.

:)

Back