93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to the pond pics!

Soon as it clears up. I am almost ashamed at the number of fish in it. But, they are all healthy. I just need to rehome some of the fancy goldfish. I have had a lot of them over 4 years and some over 6. It's hard to part with them.

The funny thing it, except for a couple that just kinda showed up (I think my neighbor threw them in out of her nieces goldfish bowl), I can tell you when and where I got all of them. :)

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon as it clears up. I am almost ashamed at the number of fish in it. But, they are all healthy. I just need to rehome some of the fancy goldfish. I have had a lot of them over 4 years and some over 6. It's hard to part with them.

The funny thing it, except for a couple that just kinda showed up (I think my neighbor threw them in out of her nieces goldfish bowl), I can tell you when and where I got all of them. :)
Gets me all excited, wife and I were discussion the back yard yesterday and our future plans for it. A pond is in there for sure. Looking forward to the pics, no shame in the fish count.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gets me all excited, wife and I were discussion the back yard yesterday and our future plans for it. A pond is in there for sure. Looking forward to the pics, no shame in the fish count.

So now you have to come up here. I will give you some very pretty gold fish and a couple dwarf koi. :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed one of my power heads was kind of pulsing but I have it on constant. I pulled it out thinking maybe I needed to clean it. However, there was a baby astrea snails on the impeller!

How the heck did they have babies that quickly? I would have seen it when I put the CUC in the tank. Only thing I can think of is the coral that I got from a fellow reefer a couple weeks ago had it on one of them. BONUS!

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed one of my power heads was kind of pulsing but I have it on constant. I pulled it out thinking maybe I needed to clean it. However, there was a baby astrea snails on the impeller!

How the heck did they have babies that quickly? I would have seen it when I put the CUC in the tank. Only thing I can think of is the coral that I got from a fellow reefer a couple weeks ago had it on one of them. BONUS!
free clean up crew is always nice. Like discovering you finally picked up some bristle worms from something!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sweet! I'd be willing to bet $.68 that baby Astrea was yelling, "Weeee weeeeee weeeeeeeeeee" the whole time he was riding the impeller! :D

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I'd be willing to bet $.68 that baby Astrea was yelling, "Weeee weeeeee weeeeeeeeeee" the whole time he was riding the impeller! :D
Kind of like my daughters guppy that rides the bubbles all day.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a few. :)

I would bet so because it was still having bursts of full speed!

I used to have a big turbo that kept getting back on a spinning power head adapter. It was hilarious. We would take him off and move him to the other side of the tank and less than an hour later he would be back. Now, I know they don't really have conscious thought, but, this thing did it deliberately. It had to. You can ask the boys.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a few. :)

I would bet so because it was still having bursts of full speed!

I used to have a big turbo that kept getting back on a spinning power head adapter. It was hilarious. We would take him off and move him to the other side of the tank and less than an hour later he would be back. Now, I know they don't really have conscious thought, but, this thing did it deliberately. It had to. You can ask the boys.

Of course they have conscious thought and are very capable of associative learning. (Yeah, I had no idea either until I just did a little research, so, thanks for helping me learn something today!)

Here's a pretty cool article about snails on DRUGS! Yes, you read that right. Crystal methedrine to be exact!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/relay....-crystal-meth-snails-brains-addiction-science

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates? UPDATES?? U P D A T E S???

93 updates?

I'm fairly sure the pond is clear by now and we were promised pics!

Updates, I tell ya!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cube is started to clear it's ugly stage. I kind of let it go on purpose to let the algae burn itself out.

I will clean the glass this evening and take a pic.

I also am installing a couple Kessil A360WE on it to compare to the K7. I have to figure out how to mount them in the current canopy tonight.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back