93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pond is looking good, can't wait to add one to my backyard. I really kind of want to make a greenhouse with one in it, not sure if the HOA would approve of a greenhouse.

I HATE HOA's! (Yes, that's all caps and I am yelling it!) I do not know what they are like in Midland, TX but I can tell you here, in Illinois, they all suck. Ridiculous fees and nothing given in return. It's crazy. I HATE HOA's! (BTW - I presently live where there is no HOA and will not live in any area that has one ever again.)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kinda surprised @crusso1993 let this one pass by. Wonder if he is under the weather?

Well, I have not been my "usual" self as of late. However, I am quickly coming back and, oh, don't think I didn't have any number of random odd thoughts about the hammock riding!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't think I didn't have any number of random odd thoughts about the hammock riding!
EA9771BA-CB52-4110-B880-D06CC2C5DA07.jpeg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel graduated high school tonight.

I don't know exactly how to feel.

I think it may sink in over the next few days.

The count down begins to him leaving for basic. 21 days.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Congratulations, Daniel! A big hug for dad too!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel left for Dauphin Island this morning with some friends. He deserves the trip. I just wish I could have done more. I guess most parents think whatever they do is not enough.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HATE HOA's! (Yes, that's all caps and I am yelling it!) I do not know what they are like in Midland, TX but I can tell you here, in Illinois, they all suck. Ridiculous fees and nothing given in return. It's crazy. I HATE HOA's! (BTW - I presently live where there is no HOA and will not live in any area that has one ever again.)
I agree with above stated, but our fees aren't terrible but we don't get much in return. Problem with Midland is if you want to build a new home or buy a newer home it will be in an HOA. The city is requiring any new housing developments have a HOA in place, I guess to save money on city code enforcement officers. If we ever move again, we will buy a couple of acres and build a home in the county so we can flip the bird to an HOA. For now, I will deal with it I guess.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is so good to hear as now he will be ready to embark on the most important journey of his life.
I am proud of you and him,
Matt

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your son's graduation!

At least you know he'll be a man when he gets out of basic!

Thanks! In many ways they had to grow up way too fast. They will always be my little boys though.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Daniel left for Dauphin Island this morning with some friends. He deserves the trip. I just wish I could have done more. I guess most parents think whatever they do is not enough.
I spent a lot of time there as a kid. I hope it proves to be just as magical for him!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Graduation. Bitter sweet probably for both. For us it is an end, for them a beginning. However, you are a newlywed and have a new beginning all your own. Have faith in your parenting. I'm pretty sure he is going to make a heck of a man! Congrats to both!!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graduation. Bitter sweet probably for both. For us it is an end, for them a beginning. However, you are a newlywed and have a new beginning all your own. Have faith in your parenting. I'm pretty sure he is going to make a heck of a man! Congrats to both!!!

You are awesome. Thanks!

Back