93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck to your son!

My nephew is considering and leaning towards the army. I'm trying to push him towards engineering Corp, but hes of course thinking Marines. Not thrilled like most knowing a family member wants to be on the ground, front lines, in a battle. Scary.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck to your son!

My nephew is considering and leaning towards the army. I'm trying to push him towards engineering Corp, but hes of course thinking Marines. Not thrilled like most knowing a family member wants to be on the ground, front lines, in a battle. Scary.

My younger son goes to the Marines next year.

Daniel will be attached to the corp of engineers. He is going to Ft. Leonard Wood for Basic and AIT.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel graduated high school tonight.

I don't know exactly how to feel.

I think it may sink in over the next few days.

The count down begins to him leaving for basic. 21 days.
Congrats!

Hard to believe we were at this exact same point last year.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Tell me it gets easier.
You're old enough to know better.... :rolleyes:

I thought it would, but it just doesn't seem too. Of course, part of that has been complicated by James health issues. He had just gotten approval to class up for training and then got kidney stones. That is medically disqualifying for air crew, so now he is at the mercy of the Corps as to what he does next.

I think if he had just been able to cruise through his training it would have been easier on us as parents. One of the most frustrating things is how the USMC approves special requests. We purchased a flight for him to come home for Memorial Day weekend, flying out tomorrow. We don't expect to find out if it is approved until late morning tomorrow. :mad:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're old enough to know better.... :rolleyes:

I thought it would, but it just doesn't seem too. Of course, part of that has been complicated by James health issues. He had just gotten approval to class up for training and then got kidney stones. That is medically disqualifying for air crew, so now he is at the mercy of the Corps as to what he does next.

I think if he had just been able to cruise through his training it would have been easier on us as parents. One of the most frustrating things is how the USMC approves special requests. We purchased a flight for him to come home for Memorial Day weekend, flying out tomorrow. We don't expect to find out if it is approved until late morning tomorrow.

Yikes

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my order of 30 socks in after only a 9 week back order!

Basically, this will allow me to go two months before having to wash them. I already have 8 and I change two socks every 3 to 4 days.

I STILL am not running carbon or any other media and, thanks to the UV the water has been sparkling. I think I am finally on the last stage of algae before the coraline explosion starts.

I am going to measure calcium once a week as soon as it starts to pop up on the back glass and up my kalk mix accordingly. Eventually (I hope) kalk won't keep up and I will have to go with a reactor or another method of supplementation.

I have to say that I really wish I would have done my rock differently. I just don't like the way the SPS are sitting. : (

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I forgot. The canary blennies decided to stop their courting behavior. I think they are just too young yet.

It was cool to watch while it lasted.

They are just shy and did not want you watching and taking pictures :eek:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my order of 30 socks in after only a 9 week back order!

Basically, this will allow me to go two months before having to wash them. I already have 8 and I change two socks every 3 to 4 days.

I STILL am not running carbon or any other media and, thanks to the UV the water has been sparkling. I think I am finally on the last stage of algae before the coraline explosion starts.

I am going to measure calcium once a week as soon as it starts to pop up on the back glass and up my kalk mix accordingly. Eventually (I hope) kalk won't keep up and I will have to go with a reactor or another method of supplementation.

I have to say that I really wish I would have done my rock differently. I just don't like the way the SPS are sitting. : (

I wouldn't let it bother u too much if the fish are happy. The sps eventually fill the middle and the rock scape disappears.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What formation did you employ? Thought about redoing it while still in the uglies and the tank is young?

Ya know, it did seem kinda pervy...

Well, if anyone knows "pervy", I'd say it would be you!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK gang, sorry about not updating.

Been super busy getting ready for the Daniel's party.

I am now adding to that the MACNA preparation for the Noopsyche booth.

It's been a wild year! I am excited to see what develops in the second half.

The tank is doing well. Got a spot of cyano on the sand that I keep stirring up. It's getting smaller and smaller. I need to do a sump and skimmer cleaning soon so I will get some water mixed up and get that done in the next few days hopefully.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.3%
Back