93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the latest in the health saga.

We have been having major issues since the stroke lowering my A1C. Well, we have hit on a combination of diet, exercise and meds that works. I went from a 9.2 down to a 6.9 in 88 days. NO INSULIN!
YEAH!

I also got the go ahead to get a weight bench but limited weights so I can start to work out again. Maybe now I can lose weight too. That is the weirdest part, is I have literally lost nothing in the last 60 days.

Now the search begins for a bench and weight set that is affordable.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I forgot, the doctor took another look at my left ear. There is "something" lodged against my ear drum causing the hearing loss. They flushed and flushed and flushed and no luck. He prescribed drops to put in for a week and I go back to see if they can remove it safely. He said right now he is not comfortable with trying manual removal. If they can't next week, then I go to an ENT.

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the latest in the health saga.

We have been having major issues since the stroke lowering my A1C. Well, we have hit on a combination of diet, exercise and meds that works. I went from a 9.2 down to a 6.9 in 88 days. NO INSULIN!
YEAH!

I also got the go ahead to get a weight bench but limited weights so I can start to work out again. Maybe now I can lose weight too. That is the weirdest part, is I have literally lost nothing in the last 60 days.

Now the search begins for a bench and weight set that is affordable.
Love to here positive news on the health front.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I forgot, the doctor took another look at my left ear. There is "something" lodged against my ear drum causing the hearing loss. They flushed and flushed and flushed and no luck. He prescribed drops to put in for a week and I go back to see if they can remove it safely. He said right now he is not comfortable with trying manual removal. If they can't next week, then I go to an ENT.
I would go straight to the ENT. Why wait?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck and congrats of the progress u have achieved thus far. Our physiology naturally plateaus if we dont constantly come up with harder, new challenges in the exercise routine.

I had problems with my right ear u til about 10 years ago, I finally went to the ENT and ran the gauntlet of testing. They figured out my eustacion (sp?) Tube in my inner ear had never developed, at all. It's the tube that drains ur inner ear of moisture. So my entire life I had fluid in my ears and we never could figure out why. 2 surgeries later and a removal of a growth due to the moisture and I have corroded inner-ear bones. (The ones that pick up vibrations and allow u to make sense of the noise)

Was a long drawn out process and still have 65%+ loss in that ear. Best of luck with that as well. Ear ops are so uncomfortable. Feels like ur brain is bein probed.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so we all know that purchasing through Amazon can be iffy sometimes.

I ordered salifert nitrate and phosphate test kits and one was missing the vial. After searching for over an hour I finally found a phone number of the supposed vendor who sold it to me.

Turns out that wasn't the vendor that actually sold it. However, it was the number for saltwateraquarium.com. The guy on the phone was very helpful. He offered to go ahead and ship me a vial for free anyway. I decided he was so nice and helpful, I ordered the calcium kit from him on the spot.

Amazing customer service is what I look for way more than price. So, whenever I order now, I will look at them first.

Just had to post this.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will also try my hand at Berg breeding. Once I have to 40 going. Which is actually getting close. Finishing up the sump then it's time to plumb [emoji16]

Let's compare notes as we go along.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am going to do the aptasia in a 2.5 gallon tank. No filter, just a light, heater, rock and air stone for movement.

The nudibranchs I will keep in a tank I am putting together that's about 6.5 gallons with just a heater, light and an air stone.

I don't have a ton of room but there is enough for these two small tanks. Plus, I already have everything laying around.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They appear to all be alive. I was expecting them to be a bit bigger, but, I will take healthy.

22876.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back