93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

It started at 1
What, were you busy or something? LOL! Store really looks to be coming along. Congratulations.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The response to the store and the non-profit side of it were nothing less than amazing today!

I really appreciate all the encouragement and votes of confidence.

As I said in the meeting, this is a community effort and community is what the store is all about.

Thanks for everyone who showed up and let us know we are headed in the right direction.

Lot's of hugs went around and it was great!

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw if you guys thought I was excited about the store before....

9E80B520-324D-49A5-9E48-85F1750D610D.jpeg
Do you sell them in Dwarf size ?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the show was great yesterday. Had great lunch with @Katrina71, hippie kid, Ryan, @Robin Haselden and his wife.

Got 10 new corals and made some new friends as well.

Today we got some trim work done on the in wall openings and met up with an old friend to show him the shop. He is beyond happy with what we are doing.

I setup my lights with the new "Amy" settings this evening but it was already in sunset when I put them back over the tank so I will have to wait until tomorrow to take pics and see how great it looks.

All in all, a very tiring but productive and fun weekend.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! I forgot! Reserved the rental SUV to hall Timothy, Alyssa, Anna and myself to Daniel's AIT graduation on the 25th!

For those keeping track, that's just 3 weeks from this Friday!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a sad day indeed. I knew this day would come but no one wants to admit they are going to lose something special to them. Almost like a member of the family. The motor in my ts3612 table saw is dying and a replacement is no longer made.
I have had the saw for 19+ years and it has helped to feed my family and restore countless houses. It have cut the material for speakers that are now playing in Jakarta, johanassburg and jersey and all points in between.

I made the serving platters and cake boards for my wedding reception with it. I built the first “big boy” beds the boys had with it.

I just don’t know what I will do without it. I am hoping it will make it through the rest of the store build but fear it won’t.

May sound silly to some of you but it’s been with me for over a third of my ornery life and never let me down.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a sad day indeed. I knew this day would come but no one wants to admit they are going to lose something special to them. Almost like a member of the family. The motor in my ts3612 table saw is dying and a replacement is no longer made.
I have had the saw for 19+ years and it has helped to feed my family and restore countless houses. It have cut the material for speakers that are now playing in Jakarta, johanassburg and jersey and all points in between.

I made the serving platters and cake boards for my wedding reception with it. I built the first “big boy” beds the boys had with it.

I just don’t know what I will do without it. I am hoping it will make it through the rest of the store build but fear it won’t.

May sound silly to some of you but it’s been with me for over a third of my ornery life and never let me down.
It is so sad. And then you start using the newer slightly upgraded tool and your like “wow, this thing rocks” I truly hope that is how it is for you. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so sad. And then you start using the newer slightly upgraded tool and your like “wow, this thing rocks” I truly hope that is how it is for you. :)

Thanks. I hope so too.

Problem is, I didn't need to hardly ever adjust this saw and when I did, I could do it by feel because I had it so long. Now, I will have to break out the dial indicator and calipers again.

Oh well, could be worse things in life.

:)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I would inspect my ivy sterilizer

BB93071F-0CC1-46E5-855E-FD778EEBD32E.jpeg

Yep folks this is one case where going inexpensive was not a good idea

I will run without one for a while until I determine my best course of action. First thing is to get a reactor running with carbon to pull out whatever chemical cocktail this leeched.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple Somatic reactors brand new in the box. (Christmas sale at BRS) and an unopen BRS carbon.

Put in about two cups and reused the pump and hose I was using on the sterilizer. (They didn't come with the sterilizer).

Rinsed the reactor and carbon with RODI and it is up and running. Took me longer to find the reactor than anything else. LOL!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, darn. I was in such a hurry, I didn't take any pics. It literally took 5 minutes to setup.

I really need to work on a video series when I start putting together the filtration and plumbing at the store.

Do you think that will be a good idea?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back